Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Focus to console on run/debug should be auto(Obvious)
Focus to console on run/debug should be auto [message #1805680] Sun, 21 April 2019 11:03 Go to next message
Snowy Mac is currently offline Snowy MacFriend
When I code I write all the code then debug>
When I debug I get into the rapid cycle of debug/fix -> run -> debug/fix.
There is nothing so fn frustrating as having to constantly break the rythm to click the focus to the console to input data, especially when logic dictates that it should have been set to auto by default with an option to change to user preferred from the day it was devised.
Mayhap someone there can do the five minute fix for this?
Re: Focus to console on run/debug should be auto [message #1805691 is a reply to message #1805680] Mon, 22 April 2019 04:17 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I doubt most people would find auto-focus useful (and not super annoying) except perhaps for the case that the console is definitely/actually being used to prompt for input from the user. But I don't think there is any way for the console to know whether the running process is actually waiting for input so no way to know when it would be appropriate (actually helpful) to take focus away from where the user currently has it to put it in the console instead. For most cases, the console is primarily used for output not input, which is why the view has options to Show Console When Standard Out/Error Changes; output on the output streams can be of course detected.

So no, there is no such option and adding such an option is not a five minute task.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Trying to launch Photon IDE
Next Topic:PyDev not working in Mars2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:02:03 GMT 2024