Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue(Issue over building project in EclipseCDT)
Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805501] Tue, 16 April 2019 11:41 Go to next message
Radu  Voju is currently offline Radu VojuFriend
Hello,

I'm experiencing some issues in building 4diac FORTE for WAGO PFC200 in Ubuntu 14.04.
Following the procedure described in the following link ( https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/documentation/html/installation/wago.html ) , in final steps in Eclipse CDT, after having finalized successfully all others steps, building the project i received the following attached image with the errors .
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805608 is a reply to message #1805501] Thu, 18 April 2019 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan Vathoopan is currently offline Milan VathoopanFriend
Hi, It looks like your path and symbols are not picked up by Eclipse CDT and managed build. Please check your paths and symbols of the project once again (Hopefully you have a OSCommon.h header mentioned in the path!).

Milan
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805705 is a reply to message #1805608] Mon, 22 April 2019 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have checked before writing here the paths for Paths and Symbols from the project . Were taken from the procedure ( https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/documentation/html/installation/wago.html ) , print screen attached above, everything seems to be fine. I'm thinking that from the procedure some information might be missing
  • Attachment: Capture.JPG
    (Size: 116.72KB, Downloaded 95 times)
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805746 is a reply to message #1805705] Tue, 23 April 2019 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,

As mentioned in the help file, the document was written based on an old version of wago BSP and ptxdist. Some procedure might have changed for the latest BSP. Thanks for noticing this change. Please try adding the following to your path,

~/wago/ptxproj-2.2.20/platform-wago-pfc200/sysroot-target/usr/include/OsLinux/

Hope this helps
Milan
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805756 is a reply to message #1805746] Tue, 23 April 2019 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have included the new path, cleaned the project , then rebuild and still the error remains.

Must say that ptxdist is version 2.8.35 and BSP 2018.08.27-2.8.35
  • Attachment: Capture.JPG
    (Size: 46.59KB, Downloaded 107 times)
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805762 is a reply to message #1805756] Tue, 23 April 2019 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

From your screen shots, it looks like you have not imported forte source code in to the workbench. Have you imported forte project in to your workbench? If you have imported, your workbench looks ~what is attached here. The paths and symbols are then specific to this imported project.

To know more on how to import project in eclipse CDT please refer to the official document from wago, "How to Utilize EclipseCDT " . Also please make sure you have the corresponding file in the ptxproj (which you build before with ptxdist)

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805770 is a reply to message #1805762] Tue, 23 April 2019 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somehow this step of importing forte source code is missing from the procedure in Eclipse CDT (or I haven't understood correctly the tutorial).
I have searched for the official document from wago on how to utilize Eclipse CDT but haven't found it (official website and search engines).

Somehow I managed to pass the error on building in EclipseCDT.
I saw that in console , next to that error of OsCommon.h was reading ldkc_kbus in sysroot-target->usr->include. I have copied OsCommon.h in the same folder and then rebuilded the project and now i think i have obtained the right thing. Project was builded without errors now (see attached photo).

But still I think i'm not completely error free, as you have said forte source code is missing or not ?
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1805775 is a reply to message #1805770] Tue, 23 April 2019 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Happy to hear you have solved your issue. Unfortunately I am not even sure, whether you have achieved what you wanted. I guess your intention was to remotely debug forte from Eclipse CDT using remote system explorer. If this was your intention, please follow the rest of the procedure given in our help file or in the Wago "How to Utilize Eclipse CDT" file. if you are able to follow the help file here, I would say you are error free for your use case .
Note : Debugging basically requires your forte project on the workbench so that you can define the source project and executable.

Otherwise for creating a new project, you can use the same procedure for "Create a new Eclipse project" given in Wago help file "How to utilize Eclipse CDT"

Hope it helps and looking forward for your experience with Eclispe 4diac and wago

Milan
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1806945 is a reply to message #1805775] Sat, 18 May 2019 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 03 June 2019 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807567 is a reply to message #1805775] Mon, 03 June 2019 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have deleted previous post, unfortunately was a rookie mistake, which I solved it quickly.
But still ,I'm running out of ideas, since errors seems to stick to every step in this procedure which i'm trying to follow.
When running in Wago PFC200 hardware the execution of forte I'm receiving the following message in eclipse cdt :
index.php/fa/35671/0/

I must say that during build of the project there was no error and results where like in the procedure mentioned on this topic. Forte executable was copied successful in the wago hardware

[Updated on: Mon, 03 June 2019 18:22]

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807597 is a reply to message #1807567] Tue, 04 June 2019 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,
From the screen shot you attached, , it looks like the codesys run time is still using the communication bus of the wago. As your terminal shows, when you try to kill a process, you should use
 kill <pid(ID of the process plclinux_rt)> 
For getting the PID of your process plclinux_rt you may run the following code on your terminal
 ps -A 
This deliver list all PIDs running on your machine. From the list find the ID of the process plclinux_rt and then kill this process. For example if the ID of plclinux_rt is 1433, it can be killed with
 kill 1433 

Hope this helps.
Milan
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807661 is a reply to message #1807597] Wed, 05 June 2019 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately the same error of segmentation fault even after killing codesys rt (after running the commands suggested by you above and finding PID and kill by that). You have suggested then to run the binary obtained from ptxdist directly in the hardware.
This means continue the procedure (How to install wago-pfc-bsp-version) after the step 7 Compile all packages of PFC hardware ? (step 7,8 and 9 ? )

[Updated on: Wed, 05 June 2019 18:50]

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807685 is a reply to message #1807661] Thu, 06 June 2019 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

As mentioned in the help file " The binary can be found in the directory .../ptxproj-xxxx/platform-wago-pfc200/buid-target/forte_wago-xxx-build/src. The binary can be either copied to the target device /usr/bin directory or you can build your own custom linux image by performing <ptxdist go>; command in your ptxproj-2.2.20 directory and boot with your own custom firmware" . This is the normal procedure. But we have some constraints here, first for copying a binary directly onto the device, your device firmware should be up to date and should be of the same version as the BSP version which wago provides. Please refer to the Wago official documentation for this. And second, if you have no input/output modules, Probably try un-checking Wago KBus (Because I guess this will expect some kind of modules and if it does not find , may throw segmentation fault ) . You can do this by deleting -DFORTE_MODULE_WagoKbus=ON options or assigning OFF.

Hope this helps

[Updated on: Thu, 06 June 2019 07:29]

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807883 is a reply to message #1807685] Tue, 11 June 2019 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sezer Aglikat is currently offline Sezer AglikatFriend
Hello,

I have also tried to follow the instructions. You can see my exact procedure in the videos under the following link. the terminal code for the wago instructions is also attached as a text file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uv9gpyE_wVtjMx2S2ZNDbWvIwM3SFcO5

My problem is the step "A Terminal view should open as well as a Remote System Details view". There, I don't have the same output and can't connect to the wago plc.
I am grateful for any help and support.

best regards
Sezer

ubuntu 14.04 LTS

javac 1.7.0_201

Eclipse Platform
Version: 3.8.1

[Updated on: Tue, 11 June 2019 14:05]

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807932 is a reply to message #1807685] Wed, 12 June 2019 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan Vathoopan wrote on Thu, 06 June 2019 07:28
Hi,

As mentioned in the help file " The binary can be found in the directory .../ptxproj-xxxx/platform-wago-pfc200/buid-target/forte_wago-xxx-build/src. The binary can be either copied to the target device /usr/bin directory or you can build your own custom linux image by performing <ptxdist go>; command in your ptxproj-2.2.20 directory and boot with your own custom firmware" . This is the normal procedure. But we have some constraints here, first for copying a binary directly onto the device, your device firmware should be up to date and should be of the same version as the BSP version which wago provides. Please refer to the Wago official documentation for this. And second, if you have no input/output modules, Probably try un-checking Wago KBus (Because I guess this will expect some kind of modules and if it does not find , may throw segmentation fault ) . You can do this by deleting -DFORTE_MODULE_WagoKbus=ON options or assigning OFF.

Hope this helps

The binary file was copied by the procedure mentioned by you above. I also have received finally some documentation from Wago support , but topics regarding BSP are missing. I also tried google it, but anything important found. So I even find myself in trouble , comparing version of BSP from Wago and the one from the project build on the PC. Nothing found how to check version from Wago hardware.
On the second point, I have attached two module of I/O from the beginning.
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1807933 is a reply to message #1807883] Wed, 12 June 2019 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sezer Aglikat wrote on Tue, 11 June 2019 13:33
Hello,

I have also tried to follow the instructions. You can see my exact procedure in the videos under the following link. the terminal code for the wago instructions is also attached as a text file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uv9gpyE_wVtjMx2S2ZNDbWvIwM3SFcO5

My problem is the step "A Terminal view should open as well as a Remote System Details view". There, I don't have the same output and can't connect to the wago plc.
I am grateful for any help and support.

best regards
Sezer

ubuntu 14.04 LTS

javac 1.7.0_201

Eclipse Platform
Version: 3.8.1

I had the same problem. The procedure that we quote here, doesn't show how to configure in Eclipse CDT the environment for working with forte and Wago hardware. Should be found normally under Eclipse documentation, but I haven't found that either.
Therefore I learned by doing :
Right Click on Sftp Files -> Properties -> then you should uncheck dstore.files and check ssh.files :

index.php/fa/35750/0/
  • Attachment: ssh files.JPG
    (Size: 45.34KB, Downloaded 504 times)
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1808048 is a reply to message #1807932] Fri, 14 June 2019 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Quote:

The binary file was copied by the procedure mentioned by you above. I also have received finally some documentation from Wago support , but topics regarding BSP are missing. I also tried google it, but anything important found. So I even find myself in trouble , comparing version of BSP from Wago and the one from the project build on the PC. Nothing found how to check version from Wago hardware.
On the second point, I have attached two module of I/O from the beginning.

As your error(segmentation fault) is not reproducible and there is no detailed terminal feedback, I am almost helpless in your case. You will have to dig your self the reasons. The best way to make sure that you have synchronous behavior on the device and your development environment is to boot from the image you built with your ptxdist. You may create a bootable sd card out of it, and use it. Please refer to wago help files for this.

Milan

[Updated on: Fri, 14 June 2019 14:20]

Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1808223 is a reply to message #1808048] Wed, 19 June 2019 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan,
I have tried with a friend (much more experienced in linux and embedded) and using some commands from terminal in eclipse cdt we managed to find two possible issues which conducted to segmentation fault mentioned in the last posts.
1st possible issue :
missing libraries ?

0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libpthread.so.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [librt.so.1]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [liblibloader.so.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libffi.so.6]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libdbus-glib-1.so.2]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libglib-2.0.so.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libtypelabel.so]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [liboslinux.so.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libdbuskbuscommon.so.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libstdc++.so.6]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libm.so.6]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libgcc_s.so.1]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libc.so.6]

2nd possible issue :
toolchain version incompatible (differences to ELF interpreter ) ? I must mention that I used Oselas Toolchain - 2012.12.1

I ave also attached a copy from terminal commands used . Any ideas ?
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1808318 is a reply to message #1808223] Fri, 21 June 2019 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,

At least from the terminal feedback my mere guess is that you are booting from the shipped image of the Wago PFC and not creating a bootable SD card. if you check the latest release note of Wago BSP, the firmware version is mentioned as 02.08.35 and probably your's is not matching? So if you are still not creating a bootable SD card from your custom build, I would recommend you to try that. Can you please check the last message in this forum thread https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1093425/? I have tried to clarify some confusion in the help file in this thread, hope this helps you as well.
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1808486 is a reply to message #1808318] Tue, 25 June 2019 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,

Yes I am still using the shipped boot image of Wago, from the same reason as you have said in the other topic mentioned in your post, to avoid disturbing the original image and avoid having unwanted situations.
Re: Building 4diac FORTE for Wago issue [message #1808521 is a reply to message #1808486] Wed, 26 June 2019 09:18 Go to previous message
Hi,

Please note that, booting from an SD card will not affect the shipped image normally. This is a "more safe approach" than booting from the shipped image. Quote:
Then comes the second case. If you do not want to create a bootable image and want to use the wago image on the shipped device OR do not want to disturb the bootable image already created, then you have to manually transfer the executable files generated in .../ptxproj-2.2.20/platform-wago-pfc200/buid-target/forte_wago-1.6.2-build/src to the target remote hardware (Wago_PFC)

Here by "not disturbing the image already created", I mean the SD card image one already created. By copying executable, you do not have to create the bootable SD card, each time you make changes in the 4diac application/ code.

So simply creating a bootable SD will not hurt your PFC. You can find directions for creating an bootable SD card in the " HowTo_Install_WAGO-PFC-BSP-2018.8.27.txt" file as "Step 8. Write the binary image file "sd.hdimg" to SD-Card"

Hope this helps
Milan
Previous Topic:4DIAC portability and use on custom hardware
Next Topic:Some idea about how to implement persistence of input parameters in 4diac-forte
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:27:04 GMT 2024