Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Lookup Call(Functionality to add new item when it is not in the list.)
Lookup Call [message #1805290] Thu, 11 April 2019 09:44 Go to next message
Mark Novem Grisola is currently offline Mark Novem GrisolaFriend
Hi Mat,

Good day..

I having a problem to find.out the functionality of the Lookup Call to add item when the item is not in the list. The previous version (old) of scouts had these methods, "getConfiguredBrowseNewText()" and "execBrowseNew( String searchText)" which allow you to add item, now in the new scout version seems it has been removed. I been looking into every change log of latest scouts but i cannot seems to find the reference of its removal.

Did i missed something? or did is missed to read it on the latest manual? If you have extra time sir Mat, will you please give me a hand or guide.

But hoping your positive response on this matter.

Sincerely,
Mark

Re: Lookup Call [message #1805324 is a reply to message #1805290] Thu, 11 April 2019 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Mark

This functionality has been removed some versions ago because the current UI does not support it. As an alternative you can add a menu to your smart field, as it is done here: https://scout.bsi-software.com/widgets/?dl=widget-smartfield (notice the 3 dots on the right of the top left field called Default).

Regards
Claudio
Re: Lookup Call [message #1805343 is a reply to message #1805290] Fri, 12 April 2019 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi sir,

I just found the link http://eclipsescout.github.io/7.0/migration-guide.htm, those methods are removed starting from scout 7.0 (oxygen) but its not providing a hint what to use instead. Though i can do it in a hard-coded way, but i just thought may be there's a method/s that can be use for it.
It is a really a big relief if u can give a hand sir.

sincerely,
Mark
Re: Lookup Call [message #1805344 is a reply to message #1805324] Fri, 12 April 2019 06:38 Go to previous message
Thanks for a quick reply.

So that's the reason why it has been removed. Thank you so much sir Claudio, and with the additional hint what to use instead i feel relief now. :D

Thank you very much.

sincerely,
mark
Previous Topic:Hello world example not working
Next Topic:Static class SQL is not initialized inside IPlatformListener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:42:07 GMT 2024