Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Access 4diac-IDE on browser(Install 4diac ide on a remote machine and access it on a browser using remote IP address without any RDP)
Access 4diac-IDE on browser [message #1804722] Sat, 30 March 2019 10:35 Go to next message
Krishan Kumar is currently offline Krishan KumarFriend
Hi All,

I have installed 4ide on my ubuntu machine from aws EC2 instance.

Now I want it to be accessible on my browser by just simply typing my ec2 IP address on some specific port.

I know I can access it with any RDP client, but I don't want it to be like that.

Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Krishan
Re: Access 4diac-IDE on browser [message #1804878 is a reply to message #1804722] Tue, 02 April 2019 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

HI,

You are targeting an very important topic. Currently I don't know a quick or working version. One option would be to have a look on Eclipse RAP. I heard that people did first experiments with it and could show something. The other option I've seen that there is a GTK4 backend draing for html. Not sure if this will be easily work.

What would be cooler would be to look at Eclipse Theia and Eclipse Sprotty. But I fear this would mean reimplementing 4diac IDE nearly from scratch. Not sure if this is feasable.

I just googled and there are also browser based RDP clienst (e.g., [1]). With a correct user setup, like only one programm running or allowed to run maybe this could serve as a work ouround for you.

I hope this gives you an idea and helps you.

Alois

[1] http://freerdp.net/
Re: Access 4diac-IDE on browser [message #1804898 is a reply to message #1804878] Wed, 03 April 2019 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krishan Kumar is currently offline Krishan KumarFriend
Hi Alois,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to look at them.
Re: Access 4diac-IDE on browser [message #1804902 is a reply to message #1804898] Wed, 03 April 2019 06:57 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

you are welcome. Would be happy to hear on your progress.
Previous Topic:Limitation for using PUBLISH_1
Next Topic:compiling error with ev3dev parameters code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:23:53 GMT 2024