Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse programs don't work after JDK 12
Eclipse programs don't work after JDK 12 [message #1804517] Thu, 28 March 2019 02:44 Go to next message
MEHMET AKSOY is currently offline MEHMET AKSOYFriend
Hello dear Eclipse community!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. I am a college student learning how to code. I have recently deleted JDK 8 and downloaded JDK 12. Now, when I create new java files in Eclipse, it generates a file called info-module and I can't just create a class and simply run the program like I did in JDK 8. Basically, all the lines in the code becomes underlined with red and program can't read it. I have attached a screenshot for it.

However, if I choose one of the files I created when I was using JDK 8 and write my code under classes in that file, I can run my program. Can you please help me to solve this problem?

• Attachment: Capture2.PNG
    (Size: 427.92KB, Downloaded 67 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 28 March 2019 05:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse programs don't work after JDK 12 [message #1804521 is a reply to message #1804517] Thu, 28 March 2019 07:06 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Deleting JDK 8 was not a great idea. You're fortunate the IDE still runs at all. You never know lately from JDK release to release, what will be removed from the JDK or function differently that will cause things to stop working...

In any case, your workspace was likely configured to use the JDK you deleted. So you'll need to go into Window -> Preferences... and look for the JRE preferences (using the search field).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Databinding ListViewer
Next Topic:compiling foxbms code in eclipse.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:55:18 GMT 2024