Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Changing to newer eclipse / org.eclipse.remote.(internal)core(eclipse update / remote connections)
Changing to newer eclipse / org.eclipse.remote.(internal)core [message #1804377] Mon, 25 March 2019 08:22 Go to next message
Daniel Bergbauer is currently offline Daniel BergbauerFriend
Hi everyone,

we are using eclipse Luna (why? I don't know I am new in the company).
Now I want to update eclispe for our developers and nearly everything is working.
But:

We developed a plugin for eclipse, which converts our projects into a "Synchronied Project" in order to build it on our server machine, which obviously is really fast.
This plugin is like the most important one of all, but also the only one which is not working correctly with a new eclipse version.
And I figured out that it is stuck when the plugin checks if a RemoteConnection is already stored in eclipse: IRemoteConnection

The imported packages used for this are:
org.eclipse.remote.core
org.eclipse.remote.internal.core

The problem is, that these packages cannot be downloaded anymore and I do not know a way to work around it...(I am quite new to eclipse)

So my questions are:
1) Is there a way to get these packages or what I also thought was, is it possible to just copy some party (feautures/plugins) of the eclipse Luna installation to the new version?

2) If 1) is not an option, is there another way now (I mean Luna is really old :D) to get all these functionalities of a synchronized project? Because this plugin's synchronization to the server is also really slow...
I read sth about Egit/Jgit and stuff but I do not really have time to check all that stuff...
Is there a way to handle a synchronization of a local project on a server, keep it in synch, and build it on the server (Remotely) and get the output of it?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if this post is in some way not perfectly set up...It was my first one.

Thanks!
Re: Changing to newer eclipse / org.eclipse.remote.(internal)core [message #1805210 is a reply to message #1804377] Tue, 09 April 2019 20:13 Go to previous message
Greg Watson is currently offline Greg WatsonFriend
You could either:

- Download the latest Eclipse IDE for Scientific Computing from here: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages which already has synchronized projects and CDT in it; or
- Download the latest Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, then install the synchronized projects using Help > Install New Software... and the URL https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/tools/ptp/updates/photon

Regards,
Greg
Previous Topic:Problems with Eclipse
Next Topic:Toolchain "MinGW GCC" is not detected, but this is not true
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:43:43 GMT 2024