Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Build that automatically create run configuration
Build that automatically create run configuration [message #1804287] Thu, 21 March 2019 19:27 Go to next message
Kévin Valleau is currently offline Kévin ValleauFriend
Hi.

I have a VM running on xubuntu with eclipse CDT Mars.
When I create a new c++ project and build it, a run configuration is automatically created, so when I try "run as a local application", my program is executed.

I tried to install the same configuration on a physical machine, xubuntu, eclipse mars but when I try the same thing, the run configuration is not automatically created and I get the "Launch failed. Binary not found" error. So I need to create manually the run configuration.

Is there a configuration or a preference missing somewhere to have this feature working ? Do I need a plugin ?

Thanks
Re: Build that automatically create run configuration [message #1804606 is a reply to message #1804287] Fri, 29 March 2019 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Becerra Miller is currently offline Becerra MillerFriend
Select Add in the Run Configurations pop-up and then choose the type of configuration you want to create. In the dialog that opens, specify a name and preferences for the configuration, and then click OK shareit apk.
Re: Build that automatically create run configuration [message #1804815 is a reply to message #1804606] Mon, 01 April 2019 16:09 Go to previous message
Kévin Valleau is currently offline Kévin ValleauFriend
Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, that is not the problem.
I said I have to create manually the run configuration. I'm sorry it was not clear enough : it meant I was forced to go to the popup to create the configuration instead of having it automatically created.

In fact, after some time passed on search engines to get an explanation, here it is :
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44544890/eclipse-linux-launch-failed-binary-not-found
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=512822

It seems to be related to the binary parsers and the changes that were made in ubuntu.

It has most likely been corrected in the following versions of eclipse but I have not tested it yet.

Have a nice day :)
Previous Topic:Plugin for eclipse C\C++
Next Topic:Installing CDT on eclipse RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:29:11 GMT 2024