Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Debug toolbar is greyed out(Inspite of having breakpoints debug toolbar is greyed out.)
Debug toolbar is greyed out [message #1801922] Tue, 29 January 2019 14:33 Go to next message
Vikas Thottada is currently offline Vikas ThottadaFriend
I am new to java programming and eclipse. I have put breakpoints in the program but the application is not stopping or the debug toolbar is not enabled. Also, the variable and breakpoint are not displaying. Attached is the screenshot.

Can someone help me out in this?

I am using Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
Build id: 20180405-1200
  • Attachment: Debug.PNG
    (Size: 73.58KB, Downloaded 138 times)
Re: Debug toolbar is greyed out [message #1801970 is a reply to message #1801922] Wed, 30 January 2019 07:07 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The program is terminate. The toolbar will only be active if there is a running process selected and there are none. Similarly variables will only be displayed when a stack frame is selected when the process is paused, e.g., at a breakpoint. The Breakpoints view is not the active tab, so I can't see if you have breakpoints set; I think the decorations in the source show that breakpoints are set, but they have little strange decorations on them that I don't recognize. Setting a normal break is done just by double clicking in the left-most bar of the source view. Of course I assume you hit the Debug button to launch the process, not the Run button...

In the worst case, try System.in.read() to block the running process. Then you can use the toolbar to pause the process, and make the process continue when you hit enter in console. Of course that doesn't solve the "it doesn't stop at breakpoints", but I get the sense from the strange decoration that you haven't set a normal breakpoint...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:jgit Checkout
Next Topic:Keep workspace always On/Running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:25:07 GMT 2024