Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Cannot find Main class from test classpath(Exclude test code is NOT checked but test classes are missing)
Cannot find Main class from test classpath [message #1801738] Fri, 25 January 2019 12:20 Go to next message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
Hello,

I am using 2018-09 on Windows with a Maven multi-module project.

I created a launch configuration of type "Java Application" (using Java 8 for it).

In the classpath tab, I have NOT checked "Exclude test code" because I want to launch a main class that is actually coming from a Maven test classpath dependency.

However, when I try to launch it, I get the error:

Error: Could not find or load main class my.test.classpath.Main

Now, looking at the "Show Command Line" output I can see that target/test-classes and Maven's test-scope dependencies are NOT present.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Re: Cannot find Main class from test classpath [message #1801827 is a reply to message #1801738] Mon, 28 January 2019 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Till Brychcy is currently offline Till BrychcyFriend
M2E has implemented test classpath seperation before the concept was added to JDT and it doesn't use this checkbox yet.

It uses a heuristic (see org.eclipse.m2e.jdt.internal.launch.MavenRuntimeClasspathProvider.getArtifactScope(ILaunchConfiguration)) :

When JUnit and TestNG Tests are launched, the test scope is used.
When a Java Application is run, it checks if the main class is from a test source folder. If yes, it uses the test scope, otherwise the main scope.

So if your main is in a binary test dependency, this goes wrong.

As workaround, you could create a main method in a test source folder that just delegates to the actual main method you want to launch.

You can help by creating a bug report about this at bugs.eclipse.org (product=m2e, component=jdt)

[Updated on: Mon, 28 January 2019 07:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot find Main class from test classpath [message #1809403 is a reply to message #1801827] Mon, 15 July 2019 17:14 Go to previous message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
In the interest of future reference, this is now: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=548948

I am trying to contribute the fix.
Previous Topic:Recreating an image in CSS with flexbox
Next Topic:spaces/tabs settings not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 21:35:59 GMT 2024