Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT Browser Connection Limits
SWT Browser Connection Limits [message #1801706] Thu, 24 January 2019 21:35 Go to next message
Andy Mising name is currently offline Andy Mising nameFriend
We utilize the SWT Browser within our RCP application for displaying various web pages. We've noticed a performance issue with one of our pages and have found that the page is limited to two connections at a time, whereas the same page loaded directly in the system browser (IE 11) is allowing four connections.

Are our findings correct, does SWT Browser limit connections to 2? If so, is there a way to change that? If not, any thoughts on where that limit would be coming from.

I've attached an image showing the call flow for both the RCP app (RCPCallChart.png) and standalone browser (BrowserCallChart.png).

We found the same results for both SWT 3.100.1 and 3.105.2
Re: SWT Browser Connection Limits [message #1801707 is a reply to message #1801706] Thu, 24 January 2019 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The following StackOverflow page gives a plethora of links.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/985431/max-parallel-http-connections-in-a-browser

IIRC the embedded browser runs in a backwards compatibility mode and you'll need to explicitly set some HTML meta headers to instruct it to use Edge mode. Sorry I don't have them in front of me.
Re: SWT Browser Connection Limits [message #1801708 is a reply to message #1801707] Thu, 24 January 2019 22:27 Go to previous message
Andy Mising name is currently offline Andy Mising nameFriend
Thanks Brian. We already have a meta tag for instructing it to use IE10 which should allow 8 connections, which is what has us confused.
Previous Topic:TableEditor does not show PopUp menu in Linux
Next Topic:How to use/export SWT 4.10 in a legacy RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:03:34 GMT 2024