Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink Create-Or-Extend-Tables Foreign Key already exists(Re-creation of foreign Key not supported)
EclipseLink Create-Or-Extend-Tables Foreign Key already exists [message #1801113] Mon, 14 January 2019 07:25 Go to next message
Andreas B is currently offline Andreas BFriend
I use eclipselink as JPA provider with the option
<property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation" value="create-or-extend-tables" />

Whenever I start my application for the first time, all the required tables and foreign keys will be generated as expected. But, for the second time the check / re-creation of the foreign key failed with the message "FK ... already exists".

The configuration of the different log levels did not solve the issue for me, as suggested within other posts. The failure message interrupts my deployment process and my application container will not start.

Is there any additional configuration parameter to disable this exception message?

I'm using eclipse link in the latest version 2.7.3.v20180807-4be1041 with a postgreSQL database (for testing all permissions for my test users allowed).

Thanks,
Andreas
Re: EclipseLink Create-Or-Extend-Tables Foreign Key already exists [message #1835012 is a reply to message #1801113] Mon, 23 November 2020 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luigi Annuzzi is currently offline Luigi AnnuzziFriend
Hello!

I've same Issue on my Java Web App connected to MySQL Server.

I try also MariaDB (even if it is not supported) with same configuration of MySQL (i change only DB and JConnector), but the problem persist.

If a don't use annotation like @JoinColumn, @OneToMany, @ManyToOne or @OneToOne, the extension of tables work's well (but it does not make sense).
Re: EclipseLink Create-Or-Extend-Tables Foreign Key already exists [message #1835040 is a reply to message #1835012] Mon, 23 November 2020 20:34 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
What is the problem, what failure are you getting exactly?

Any problems with foreign key generation are expected and just logged - the process should continue and succeed.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Link Support with DBC File
Next Topic:Failure create-and-extend-tables, foreign key creation, postgreSQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 09:10:38 GMT 2024