Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to customize SysML transitions?(How to customize SysML transitions?)
How to customize SysML transitions? [message #1801040] Fri, 11 January 2019 14:33 Go to next message
ak ka is currently offline ak kaFriend
Hello,
before asking my question, i would say thanks for providing Papyrus. It's a very useful tool for me to model complex systems and seems to be a serious alternative to some commercial tools.
I'm mainly using Papyrus to create SysML-models and -diagrams. During creation of a Block Definition Diagram (bdd) with composite association i'm unsatisfied with the representation with a lot of labels. These are making my diagram very confusing. I'm wondering if there is a way to customize the appearance in order to make the labels invisible so than only the line is visible? I've read about css stylesheets but i don't understand how to write and apply them.

this way the transition is currently represented:

index.php/fa/34652/0/

and this way it should be for me:

index.php/fa/34653/0/

Thanks for your help.

akka
  • Attachment: bdd.png
    (Size: 14.13KB, Downloaded 361 times)
  • Attachment: bdd2.png
    (Size: 13.67KB, Downloaded 305 times)
Re: How to customize SysML transitions? [message #1801181 is a reply to message #1801040] Mon, 14 January 2019 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Check this: https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/Papyrus/UserGuide/CSS
Re: How to customize SysML transitions? [message #1801191 is a reply to message #1801181] Tue, 15 January 2019 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benedikt Bauer is currently offline Benedikt BauerFriend
If you want such thing to be applied as default setting, CSS is the way to go. If you want it just for a single or some occurrences, you can just click the respective label(s) to select them and hit "delete" on your Keyboard. That will remove the labels from your diagram.
Re: How to customize SysML transitions? [message #1801195 is a reply to message #1801191] Tue, 15 January 2019 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ak ka is currently offline ak kaFriend
thank you for your quick answering.
@Benedikt Bauder
i've tried your suggestion and it works if i use "delete from diagram". if i use "delete selected item" the whole transition will be deleted.
@Adriano Carvalho
if i find some more time, i will look into the usage of css. it seems to be a little more complex.

I've found still another way to hide some labels and elements from diagrams by using the filter functionality. right-click on transition->filters->Show/Hide Labels. it works very good for me because i can easily select which labels to show and which to hide.
Re: How to customize SysML transitions? [message #1801197 is a reply to message #1801195] Tue, 15 January 2019 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

For the CSS, you can create for example a "style.css" file in the Eclipse project. For your case, add the following css to the file
Association > Label {
	visible : false;
}

Then apply this css file to a diagram by selecting a diagram, select style, "+" button in "diagram style sheets" field. You can also apply to it to the full model.

Yoann.
Re: How to customize SysML transitions? [message #1801223 is a reply to message #1801040] Tue, 15 January 2019 15:36 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
You can also
1. click on the association on the diagram to select it
2. select "Filters" --> "Hide All Labels" in the context menu
to change the appearance.

But this only alters the appearance of the individual association.

/Carsten
Previous Topic:SysML Substitution relation - not visible in diagrams and palette
Next Topic:How to duplicate model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:48:10 GMT 2024