Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » install intel toolchain plugin from remote host
install intel toolchain plugin from remote host [message #1800601] Thu, 03 January 2019 10:34 Go to next message
bert Tijskens is currently offline bert TijskensFriend
Hi,
I have installed eclipse PTP (photon) on my laptop (a MacBook Pro). I am using synchronised fortran and C++ projects that on the remote side (a linux cluster) could make use of the intel toolchain. Intel provides a plugin for this which I can install in an eclipse version that runs on the cluster, but I also would like to install it in my local eclipse version. How do I do this?
many thanks in advance.
Re: install intel toolchain plugin from remote host [message #1800679 is a reply to message #1800601] Sat, 05 January 2019 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Installing new software usually means "Help > Install new software" and entering the location of the update site of the software you want to install. There's also the eclipse marketplace (more user friendly) but I think you'll not find the software you're looking for there.

So, first you need to understand how the software is installed in the cluster. You can start by checking the recently used update sites on the cluster.

The update site is local or on the internet? In both cases you have to ensure that your laptop can access to the update site.

Having the update site you just need to follow the "usual" process I mentioned in the beginning.
Re: install intel toolchain plugin from remote host [message #1800723 is a reply to message #1800679] Mon, 07 January 2019 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your reply. I could install the plugin by copying it from the cluster to my local file system.
However, when compiling the remote project with the intel toolchain, the modules are not loaded...
any suggestions to cope with that?
Re: install intel toolchain plugin from remote host [message #1800874 is a reply to message #1800723] Wed, 09 January 2019 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
What do you mean with "the modules are not loaded"? Is there an error/warning message?
Re: install intel toolchain plugin from remote host [message #1800876 is a reply to message #1800874] Wed, 09 January 2019 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying to use the plugin on the remote side (cluster) of a synchronised project. Normally when I build a project e.g. with the Linux GCC toolchain, it first loads the modules for the build environment that I requested. That doesn't happen. After trying a lot of things it seems that the intel eclipse plugin doesn't work well with the synchronisation either. Apparently, the build configuration directory disappears after a compiler error, and you have to recreate the project. I think the intel plugin was not designed to work with eclipse ptp on the remote side. I gave up on this and decided to use my local eclipse locally and the remote eclipse (which we also have but is a bit slower since running in turbovnc) on the remote side. I synchronise the project using a git repository. It is only slightly less impractical.
Further suggestions still are wellcome, however, as I would still prefer to have to deal with only one eclipse instance (local).
I really appreciate your help - which is why I shared my workaround

Re: install intel toolchain plugin from remote host [message #1803740 is a reply to message #1800876] Fri, 08 March 2019 04:56 Go to previous message
Giuseppe Stephen is currently offline Giuseppe StephenFriend
However, when compiling the remote project with the intel toolchain, the modules are not loaded...

any suggestions to cope with that? Psiphon Download

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2019 05:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Configure Eclipse CDT for writing an Arduino Library
Next Topic:Problem with adding a new file.h
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:07:54 GMT 2024