Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse windows across multiple monitors
Eclipse windows across multiple monitors [message #1800290] Sun, 23 December 2018 18:37 Go to next message
Alia H is currently offline Alia HFriend
I'm recently starting to use Eclipse for C++ development. Before C++ I worked with mostly JS through Atom.

I am on MacOS 10.14

My largest issue with Eclipse right now is how it handles multiple windows on multiple monitors. I tried to put a window with a console and the breakpoints on the other monitor, this worked ok. However, any time a dialog popped up while focused on the other window, the debug pane would jump to there.

I then tried to use perspectives to save the layout of the views in the first debug pane. However, when I started the debug session, the original debug console and breakpoints pane popped up and the second monitor's window gained an editor for the debugged file.

When I looked around the forums here, I found very little about the monitor issues, and one post in the last year.

Besides the windows, I'm having a few other aggravating problems.
Re: Eclipse windows across multiple monitors [message #1800306 is a reply to message #1800290] Mon, 24 December 2018 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Perhaps changing the preferences for the Debug perspective in Window -> Preferences -> Run/Debug -> View Management will help...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse windows across multiple monitors [message #1800458 is a reply to message #1800290] Fri, 28 December 2018 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Tavinor is currently offline Peter TavinorFriend
Alia H wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 18:37
. I tried to put a window with a console and the breakpoints on the other monitor, ...

How did you do this
by using the "Window>New Window" menu option
or by dragging the console and breakpoint tabs off the main window and letting them create there own window

I don't suffer from Insanity, I enjoy it
Re: Eclipse windows across multiple monitors [message #1800482 is a reply to message #1800458] Sat, 29 December 2018 18:04 Go to previous message
Alia H is currently offline Alia HFriend
I did both, when I created a window by dragging it jumped like I said before. When I did create a new window, it started with an editor pane and a project view, as they were already on my first window I deleted them. When I actually started a debug session the origional layout was restored.
Previous Topic:Keyboard input
Next Topic:Linux Header File conflicts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:03:10 GMT 2024