Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » What I'd like to have in Lyo(Jad asked for ideas for what to add to lyo, here is what I would like )
What I'd like to have in Lyo [message #1800041] Wed, 19 December 2018 10:18 Go to next message
Ralph Schoon is currently offline Ralph SchoonFriend
For some REST APIs that are not completely OSLC, it is sometimes necessary to add headers. Jim suggested to use HttpRequestInterceptor to do this. this works really well at the moment but has the deprecation flag set. There is no option how to use this with newer HTTPClients.

Several functionality used in current lyo versions are deprecated. Especially parts around being able to run against self signed or wrong certificates. It would be nice if that could be fixed. I have created some code that seemed to work and does not use the deprecated parts. Let me know if you want me to share.

One thing that I had issues with was that I am unable to see what I would be sending in some calls, especially the request body. I was looking at the server log of the server I was talking to, however the server does processing before printing the request data and I was not seeing what I was sending.

I know that it would be possible to have a proxy in the middle, but the effort to set that up is huge, I think. I am also running all apps on one client machine, so I don't even know if this is possible.

It would be beneficial if it would be somehow possible to generate a test request that can be dumped into a log so that one can see the headers and the request payload.
Re: What I'd like to have in Lyo [message #1800189 is a reply to message #1800041] Fri, 21 December 2018 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jad El-khoury is currently offline Jad El-khouryFriend
Thanks Ralph.

I put a summary of this under https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sPEuunUqg2PKt7GYCACv1IdCIAeZl6vVeDf2vwiNgy8/edit?usp=sharing, where andrii suggested we collect ideas.
I hope I captured your 2 points correctly.

FYI, we are working on updating lyo.client, to remove the dependency on Wink and these deprecated methods. You can follow this progress on the branch https://github.com/eclipse/lyo.client/pull/10.
You are of course more than welcome to contribute and shape this update. But please note that the current branch is not good enough. It has the updated libraries, but does not yet allow for the needed configuration of httpClient, etc.

As for the need to monitor the request body, is it sufficient with a logging functionality in the Client code? Again, if you want to make such changes, you are welcome to suggest and contribute such changes.
Re: What I'd like to have in Lyo [message #1801663 is a reply to message #1800189] Thu, 24 January 2019 11:01 Go to previous message
Ralph Schoon is currently offline Ralph SchoonFriend
Thanks Jad, I will check the link. I somehow missed that.

Thanks for the offer, I will wait for a more stable stream.
As a remark, some of the deprecation is due to deprecation in SSL handling, especially how to allow working against test servers with invalid SSL certificates. This is based on the Apache libraries and not WINK. That was something I had looked at.
Previous Topic:Issues with creating a specific resource request body in OSLC4J
Next Topic:Polarion oslc consumer oauth
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:21:52 GMT 2024