Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem using Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino
Problem using Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino [message #1799946] Mon, 17 December 2018 19:42 Go to next message
Ron Olson is currently offline Ron OlsonFriend
I'm attempting to migrate my arduino esp8266 project from 'Arduino IDE' to 'Eclipse C++ for Arduino'. But, so far no luck. Here's what I did.

1) Untarred eclipse-cpp-2018-12-RC1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz .
2) Ran 'eclipse' from the created folder.
3) Created 'Arduino Project' called 'TryArduino'.
4) Eclipse created file TryArduino.cpp, which had an include to file Arduino.h, which was unresolved.
5) Checked Help/EclipseMarketplace, and searched on 'arduino'. Saw 'Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino 3.0' was preinstalled.
6) Checked Help/ArduinoDownloadsManager/Platforms, saw no Platforms installed, and under 'Add', saw nothing matching esp8266.

So, how do I get esp8266 support enabled? I assumed that all setup occurs through eclipse, but now I'm wondering if I need to manually copy something over from the Arduino IDE.

Thanks, Ron
Re: Problem using Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino [message #1800010 is a reply to message #1799946] Tue, 18 December 2018 21:37 Go to previous message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Yes, we've only included a couple of platform repositories by default. To add another, go into the Arduino preferences and add the approriate URL from this page. https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/wiki/Unofficial-list-of-3rd-party-boards-support-urls

For ESP8266, I see the community URL, but there are a copule of others. You could try http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json

Unfortunately they don't have metadata that lists these in a way we can parse so had to leave it as a manual process.
Previous Topic:Cross-debugging large program using eclipse via TCP and gdbserver
Next Topic:Installer fails in Virtual Box!?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:22:15 GMT 2024