Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » QtCore/qmetatype.h Build errors(C++ Development)
QtCore/qmetatype.h Build errors [message #1799638] Tue, 11 December 2018 17:54 Go to next message
Phillip Mobley is currently offline Phillip MobleyFriend

I am currently building a Qt application that I wrote in eclipse. Yes, I do know that everyone's recommendation is to use Qt creator. However, the project requires eclipse because the workflow is based in eclipse. Unless there is a total game breaker then Eclipse absolutely needs to be used. So far, I haven't run into that issue and everything appears to be working.

Anyways, I am getting odd errors when building the application in the qmetatpe.h. For example, below are a few of the errors that I am receiving:

qmetatype.h:707:34: error: 'friend' used outside of class
qmetatype.h:707:59: error: invalid use of template-name 'QtPrivate::ConverterMemberFunction' without an argument list
qmetatype.h:695:70: error: non-member function 'void* constructExtended(void*, const void*)' cannot have cv-qualifier

I have no idea what could be causing these errors. I have another application (not written by me) that uses Qt and it builds just fine. My build settings appear to be the same between the two applications.

I have been stumped on this issue for a few days now and I was wondering if anyone has an explanation on what could be causing this?
Re: QtCore/qmetatype.h Build errors [message #1799658 is a reply to message #1799638] Wed, 12 December 2018 06:07 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
These have nothing to do with Eclipse/CDT so are off topic here.
If you have further questions go to a forum dedicated to Qt presumably at the site where you got these.
Or try stackoverflow.com

Briefly,
qmetatype.h:707:34: error: 'friend' used outside of class
I don't know why this header is written this way but you can't use 'friend' outside of a class definition.
Perhas there is some stray punctuation in a preceding header that is confusing the compiler.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35904143/friend-not-allowed-outside-of-a-class-definition?rq=1

qmetatype.h:707:59: error: invalid use of template-name 'QtPrivate::ConverterMemberFunction' without an argument list
If you are using a template, you have to supply the template parameters.
I don't have the code in front of me to tell you what they are but you should be able to determine them.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13536378/invalid-use-of-template-name-without-argument-list/13536417

qmetatype.h:695:70: error: non-member function 'void* constructExtended(void*, const void*)' cannot have cv-qualifier
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36135613/non-member-function-operator-cannot-have-cv-qualifier?rq=1
Previous Topic:SOLVED Automating main project and library compile
Next Topic:Sloeber plgin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:08:26 GMT 2024