Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot connect to SQLServer from eclipse
Cannot connect to SQLServer from eclipse [message #1799524] Sat, 08 December 2018 11:44 Go to next message
Poh Kai is currently offline Poh KaiFriend
I have a dynamic web project in eclipse and i tried to add JPA to the project. Here are my steps to add JPA:

(1) I right click on my project, then click properties, then i searched "Project Facets" and selected the JPA checkbox and then clicked "Further configuration required"
(2) On the "Modify Faceted Project" modal, I clicked "Add connection..."
(3) On the "New Connection Profile" modal, I clicked "SQL Server", then clicked "Next"
(4) I chose "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 JDBC Driver" and set port number to 3306 and username to root and password to root
(5) Then I clicked "Test Connection", then i got this error:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host localhost, port 3306 has failed. Error: "The driver received an unexpected pre-login response. Verify the connection properties and check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. This driver can be used only with SQL Server 2000 or later.". ClientConnectionId:5b776a70-6b5d-47eb-b995-19311ebda537

I check that I was able to connect to my local SQL database using MySQLWorkbench with the same username and password.

Can anyone help me please?
Re: Cannot connect to SQLServer from eclipse [message #1799804 is a reply to message #1799524] Thu, 13 December 2018 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Have you tried with any other external DB sites that permit free access? It would really help if you could capture the stream of information going out to the Microsoft DB site.
Re: Cannot connect to SQLServer from eclipse [message #1799808 is a reply to message #1799804] Fri, 14 December 2018 01:41 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Were you connecting on the same port? What kind of database server is it? Can you verify the conditions that the message said to check?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2018 01:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PyQT: "no QT plugin platform could be initialised"
Next Topic:two eclipse workspace use the same project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:12:02 GMT 2024