Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problems with corrupted files
Problems with corrupted files [message #1799423] Thu, 06 December 2018 14:23 Go to next message
Raffaele Sanseverino is currently offline Raffaele SanseverinoFriend
Hi, I have problems with eclipse because often the path files are corrupted and I have to delete and recreate the project. How do I solve? I have Eclipse 2018-09 on MacOs and I coding in java ( actually JDBC with mySQL)
Re: Problems with corrupted files [message #1799538 is a reply to message #1799423] Sat, 08 December 2018 23:58 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I'm curious. How do you know what your path files are? I'd be interested in learning how to find them.
I've had what I think are related problems all the time since I started using Eclipse.
I've had Eclipse appear to access data or compiled code or whatever from project one when I'm working on project two or three...
I've had the crash of project n in a workspace corrupt all workspaces in that workspace.

The only way I've found to head off disaster is to copy, e.g., Jumper_1, as soon as I make some progress, and continue working on the program as Jumper_2.

Mindful that a disaster with project n can highway-pileup damage a whole workspace full of projects, I always copy the workspace whenever I've finally gotten something to work right, and go on from there is the successor workspace. That way if a project self-destructs and there is a chain reaction through all the projects in a workspace I can delete that workspace and make another copy of the previous successful workspace to continue work in.

I've also found that if I copy project_3 after working on it, and then open the copy, called project_4, do some work on it, go back to project_3 and run it, and then go to project_4 and run it, it won't run 4 and instead the last opened project, 3, will run. The way to fix this is to open some file in project_4 and make some minor change such as adding an extra space somewhere or putting a comment somewhere, and then saving that project. Then Eclipse will run the correct project because it has just updated it.
Previous Topic:Auto Complete
Next Topic:jdk11 is not supported in eclipse4.9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:15:06 GMT 2024