Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Single RCP product for windows and Linux
Single RCP product for windows and Linux [message #1799285] Tue, 04 December 2018 04:09 Go to next message
Praveen J is currently offline Praveen JFriend
Hello All,

My requirement is single RCP for windows and Linux.
Currently we have two separate RCP product one for Windows and one for Linux works fine in both OS. (Respective libraries/plugin are added to create RCP in OS specific)
Our RCP product implementation is common for both the OS and eclipse target but only difference because of OS specific plugins e.g. SWT

My approach was,

I tried to copy all the Linux product plugins into windows product and try to run the application in windows but it is trying to load the Linux specific plugins also and following exception is showing in console.

ERROR 18-12-03,15:08:33 (18003) The bundle org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86_64 could not be properly started. Please check the bundle dependencies. Invalid operation on a fragment.
ERROR 18-12-03,15:08:33 (18003) The bundle org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86_64 could not be properly started. Please check the bundle dependencies. Invalid operation on a fragment.
ERROR 18-12-03,15:08:33 (18003) The bundle org.eclipse.e4.ui.swt.gtk could not be properly started. Please check the bundle dependencies. Invalid operation on a fragment.
ERROR 18-12-03,15:08:33 (18003) The bundle org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64 could not be properly started. Please check the bundle dependencies. Invalid operation on a fragment.
ERROR 18-12-03,15:08:33 (18003) The bundle org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 could not be properly started. Please check the bundle dependencies. Invalid operation on a fragment.

Is it possible to achieve this ? Is there a way I can control loading of other OS specific plugins in the RCP product?

Or Please suggest is there any other best approach I can do for the same?

Regards
Praveen J
Re: Single RCP product for windows and Linux [message #1799289 is a reply to message #1799285] Tue, 04 December 2018 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure this is possible. You could try changing the eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml so that the site entry's policy is not policy="USER-EXCLUDE" but rather policy="USER-INCLUDE" or policy="MANAGED-ONLY". The default is USER-EXCLUDE and this one works such that any plugins detected in the plugins folder are automatically added/included in the running application, which of course would include fragment plugins for an OS that cannot be started. I'm not sure this will even work, but if this doesn't work then no, you cannot have a single distro that will work on all platforms.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Single RCP product for windows and Linux [message #1799419 is a reply to message #1799289] Thu, 06 December 2018 13:45 Go to previous message
Praveen J is currently offline Praveen JFriend
Hello Ed Merks,

Thank you for replay.
I will check your suggestion/solution and let you know.

Regards
Praveen J
Previous Topic:Eclipse JGit
Next Topic:Registry Directory Not Available, Mac Install Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:55:14 GMT 2024