Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » work with external .class in WEB-INF/classes
work with external .class in WEB-INF/classes [message #1799167] Fri, 30 November 2018 20:28 Go to next message
harry sheng is currently offline harry shengFriend
In my webapp project in Eclipse, I need to put a aspectJ weaven 3rd-party .class file into the /WEB-INF/classes of the webapp so that the weaven .class would be loaded, instead of the original un-weaven .class, when the webapp starts.

I've got the maven build setup so that when I do a clean build from Eclipse, the weaven .class is extracted into the WEB-INF/classes folder of the webapp of the embedded tomcat server. This works fine as planned.

Now my problem is, if I change code in eclipse and then do publish, I get this error:

Publishing failed with multiple errors
Could not delete .../WEB-INF/classes/org/... May be locked by another process.

The folder org is not created from the source code. It is extracted from a .jar file and contains the weaven .class during clean build from Eclipse.

Am looking for a solution to get around this for the DEV environment.
Re: work with external .class in WEB-INF/classes [message #1799324 is a reply to message #1799167] Tue, 04 December 2018 18:11 Go to previous message
harry sheng is currently offline harry shengFriend
Seems to be a disk writing cache issue.

I have my workspace on an external USB disk. I often use the same disk and workspace on a windows 7 and a windows 10 laptop, by mapping the disk to the same Drive on both laptops. But I did not touch the disk writing cache setting on the drive, so it's enabled by default.

After I disabled the disk writing cache, the problem seems disappeared.
Previous Topic:local deployment
Next Topic:Show methods in jsp declaration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:24:32 GMT 2024