Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Control of Kuka YouBot by Raspberry Pi 3(Control and Cyber Phisical Systems)
Control of Kuka YouBot by Raspberry Pi 3 [message #1799122] Fri, 30 November 2018 06:16 Go to next message
Camilo Escobar is currently offline Camilo EscobarFriend
Hi! to everyone

I'm really new in FORTE so my idea is use this marvelous tool to comunicate through FORTE and ROS two different systems like Kuka youbot and Raspberry Pi 3.

I have several questions for my issue, first Do I have to install Forte IDE in the raspberry,? and other thing the SO is Raspbian STRETCH.

Second, What is the process to follow with Cross compiling? I understood that I have to use Linux or Windows to develop the executables but, how can I execute in the Raspberry?

Third, Do I need to have all the drivers for the kuka youbot on the raspberry?

And, finally Do I have to install ROS in the raspberry?

Please, help me I will be really thanksful
Re: Control of Kuka YouBot by Raspberry Pi 3 [message #1799205 is a reply to message #1799122] Sat, 01 December 2018 22:08 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

First of all thanks for your kind words. I don't know too much about ROS but I at least try to answer the 4diac related questions.

You only need 4diac IDE on the machine you use for development. The cool thing about IEC 61499 is that you can program distributed systems with it. Therefore 4diac IDE can configure a network of devices (e.g., one or more Raspberries). For this it only needs an TCP connection to the devices.

On further requirement is that you need to run a 4diac FORTE executable on your devices. With that we come to your second questions. You need to build your 4diac FORTE for your target system. This can be done either directly on your raspberry or by cross compiling. In the later case you have to transfer the resulting 4diac FORTE executable to your raspi (e.g., with sftp).

For starting I would recommend that you work through our tutorials. This will give you a better idea how 4diac IDE and 4diac FORTE work together. We now even have a precompiled 4diac FORTE (however without ROS support) also for RaspberriesPIs, which you can use for this first experimetns.

I hope this gets you started.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:4DIAC forte sending too many watch request/respond packets
Next Topic:how to debug a program with root priviledge on eclipse CDT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:48:19 GMT 2024