Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Kapua » Sensor Health Check(Checking health of a sensor)
Sensor Health Check [message #1799074] Thu, 29 November 2018 14:16
Güven Yücetürk is currently offline Güven YücetürkFriend
Dear All,

I have a question, I have checked the forum and didn't see a topic on this, so if it is repetition I am sorry. I am a newbie on the forum.

I have a bunch of sensors on Kura and send those measurement data to Kapua. I would like to see if the sensors doing the measurements correctly, and if not I would like Kapua to raise a flag saying something is wrong with this specific sensor.

For example, assume that I have a temperature sensor, while it was measuring 20C, suddenly measurement falls down to say -5C, then goes back up to something around 20C again and goes that way, or the calibration is messed up say I know that I am taking temperature measurement of water, in this case, it has a threshold of 5-20C but it is giving me measurement well beyond this range. Clearly, something is wrong, so I would like to run a simple health check on the data, and if something is wrong with these checks I would like raise flag.

I hope the problem is clear. Unfortunately, Kua doesn't have such a functionality as much as I know.

I know when I am modeling, I can clean this data. However, for the sake of scalability, it will be much easier to have thresholds and ranges on Kapua to do simple health checks.

Sincerely,

Guven
Previous Topic:POST data to kapua
Next Topic:changing the default password for kura-sys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 23:52:30 GMT 2024