Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Is it possible build with a custom make target in Eclipse?(I'm trying to invoke make with a custom target ("make download", in my case))
Is it possible build with a custom make target in Eclipse? [message #1798470] Mon, 19 November 2018 15:33
Kenny McCartney is currently offline Kenny McCartneyFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to extend our Eclipse implementation so that I can have a button that will download an executable to an evaluation board.

I started by adding a "download" target to the generated makefiles so that the makefile can be used to download the executable after building. So an example makefile now looks something like this:

download: $(LDR_FILE)
	@echo 'Invoking: Downloader'
	// Downloader command goes here
	@echo 'Finished building: $@'
	@echo ' '

(I need to do it in the makefile as other people may be invoking the makefile directly from the command line - they won't have Eclipse.) I'm kinda happy with this at the moment as it works on the command line.

The normal build button will just do "make all" as usual - it won't perform "make download". Instead I want my new button to perform "make download".

Does that make sense?

My approach at the moment has been to create a customer builder, and somehow use this to invoke "make download". I've got the custom builder up and running (doesn't currently do anything), but I'm not sure how I'd go about invoking "make download" from it. Any suggestions? I looked at the various IProject.build() methods, but none of them seem to allow for custom targets.

Aaargh.

Thanks!
Kenny
Previous Topic:Launch failed - binary not found (again!)
Next Topic:Tcl setup in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:22:58 GMT 2024