Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Tizen Studio - first install, multiple issues, nothing works.
Tizen Studio - first install, multiple issues, nothing works. [message #1798468] Mon, 19 November 2018 15:27
Taras Young is currently offline Taras YoungFriend
I'm a newcomer to Eclipse and trying to install x64 Tizen Studio 3 (which is built on Eclipse) on Windows 10.

After installing it and manually resolving several issues that were preventing Eclipse from starting (installed the latest x64 JDK, manually added the JAVA_HOME environment variable, manually added the JDK bin path to PATH), it now starts, and then immediately fails:

An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\Users\me\workspace\.metadata\.log

The .log file is packed with nearly 1,000 lines of errors, mostly along these lines:
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/org.eclipse.wst.css.core_1.1.1000.v201704250120.jar A bundle is already installed with the name "org.eclipse.wst.css.core" and version "1.1.1000.v201704250120"

and concluding with a bunch of Java errors like "FrameworkEvent ERROR"

Surely this should not happen on a clean install? Is there anything I can do to make Eclipse work? Thanks

EDIT: Resolved this myself!! Tizen Studio relies on JDK 8 but I had installed JDK 11.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2018 16:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Ant cannot copy file due to access denied
Next Topic:Missing Web Tools on Eclipse for Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:29:54 GMT 2024