Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Converting Java to Macintosh executables :1 solution("Mac OS Application Bundle" is one way to export W-Builder projects, but how?)
Converting Java to Macintosh executables :1 solution [message #1798120] Tue, 13 November 2018 01:31
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
EDIT: I've found one way. May work for complex projects but I haven't tried it on anything but two simple projects: https://centerkey.com/mac/java/
-------
Looking for some way to distribute some of my educational stuff to colleagues, and having not good luck with clickable JARs, I decided to try the additional choice I found for exporting projects under export/other....

The "Application Bundle Export" window comes up. How to fill it out? I guess it should be intuitively obvious, but I still have questions:

I assume that for Main class you just fill in MorseCode if your project has that as the only thing under src.

For JVM version, there is a limited set of earlier ones, so I am hoping that 1.6+ will still work.

I made a simple WindowBuilder program and tried to export it. All that happens is that the file icon appears on screen and almost instantly disappears.

I have searched via Google for Eclipse.org references to this function but I haven't found anything relevant.]

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2018 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Using Eclipse Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0) can't launch JAR
Next Topic:Groovy cannot be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:42:39 GMT 2024