Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Brainstorming - how to build a report based on 2 layouts(ides how to design a report with 2 layouts)
Brainstorming - how to build a report based on 2 layouts [message #1797728] Mon, 05 November 2018 18:30
R Katsa is currently offline R KatsaFriend
Hi,
I am building a report in BIRT to be imported to Fortify SSC.

In Fortify SSC I see reports with input parameters in textboxes, dropdowns, and options to select/deselect. I can create a report in BIRT with a dropdown, but need to figure out how to display the dropdown in Fortify SSC. It only displays the dropdown in Eclipse IDE; when I import this designer to Fortify SSC it shows a textbox for that input parameter.

Anyway. I would like to create a new report with 2 different layouts, depending on options the user will select:
- Basic Report
- Enhanced Report with xtra columns

I would like to display these options in the "options to select/deselect" in Fortify SSC, similar to a radio button option in BIRT-Eclipse.

What should I do? Create the 2 different designs and, depending on the user's selection display only 1? I am thinking on a mayor report with 2 sub-reports to display depending on the user's input.
Do you think this is a good approach?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Column setProperty width doesn't work in xlsx output remotely
Next Topic:birt reports / css / liferay /visioneo portlet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:01:25 GMT 2024