Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to run a single method easily?
How to run a single method easily? [message #1797322] Mon, 29 October 2018 23:08 Go to next message
Tomasz Marszelewski is currently offline Tomasz MarszelewskiFriend
Hi,

I am looking in Eclipse Java Ide an option to run a single method the same or similar like in BlueJ. When I run Eclipse, there is a window on the right - "outline". When I right-click on some method there i can choose - run as - run configuration, and i don't know what I have to do next, but i hope that there is any way to set a simple option for run a method with given arguments. I was trying also run some code in the scrap page, but only simple commands works correctly. When i was trying to run some methods i've gotten some strange errors. Sorry for my English but i hope i tell it clearly. Would anybody help me?
Re: How to run a single method easily? [message #1797575 is a reply to message #1797322] Fri, 02 November 2018 06:04 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Currently there is no option as the launcher does not do any analysis to find if the method is self sufficient to execute on it's own and only providing the input parameters is enough and it doesn't use any other input from class in scope.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:skip over CGLIB (and other) proxy code at Step Into in debugger
Next Topic: Eclipse RenameParticipant offset handling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 04:14:03 GMT 2024