Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » How do you configure eclipse to sync local changed files to remote server?)
How do you configure eclipse to sync local changed files to remote server?) [message #1797265] Mon, 29 October 2018 11:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I am new to eclipse and want to simply have a local workspace and be able to create / edit / delete files in eclipse and have those changes synced to a remote server using ssh.

I have installed Neon.2 with PDT but don't see how to configure a remote server. I would also like to be able to use ssh and be able to specify a pem file as the ssh identity.

Thanks for any help.inro.in/lucky-patcher/ inro.in/9apps/ inro.in/vidmate/

I would think that this is a very obvious use case.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2018 18:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do you configure eclipse to sync local changed files to remote server?) [message #1797587 is a reply to message #1797265] Fri, 02 November 2018 11:37 Go to previous message
Rob Mitchell is currently offline Rob MitchellFriend
Same for me too.

I've been using Eclipse for a long time for Java dev, and just recently started a small side project using PHP and have this same question. I have Remote Systems Explorer opened and can read/write to remote FTP, but I don't see how to recursively sync folders (actually my whole project). BTW, I used PHPStorm and this capability is built-in and works quite nicely. Hope Eclipse PHP can do this too.

Any guidance here is greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic:xdebug with pdt1.0
Next Topic:Eclipse Remote Systems (PHP), SSH and Ant Build.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:29:39 GMT 2024