Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to import eclipse original configuration after reinstalling Windows system(After reinstalling the system, various plugins will be reinstalled and configured.)
How to import eclipse original configuration after reinstalling Windows system [message #1797012] Wed, 24 October 2018 06:33 Go to next message
dongliang si is currently offline dongliang siFriend
I found that after installing eclipse, it will generate two files on the computer C drive. Eclipse and .p2. Please see the instructions. P2 is the plugin pool. All plugins that pass eclipse will be in this plugin? .eclipse also stores some things I don't know.

These two files will disappear when there is a problem with my computer and I reinstall the Windows system. Then we use eclipse, we need to configure and install the plugin because we are using it for the first time. This is very troublesome.

I am trying to migrate them to a non-system disk. So I modified the osgi.framework, osgi.splashPath, eclipse.p2.data.area three paths in the config.ini file in the Eclipse \ configuration directory. Result run fail.

So I am asking here, is there a way to set the .eclipse and .p2 generation paths? IntelliJ IDEA can replace the path with another location by configuring the idea.properties file. Even if you reinstall your computer system, it won't affect the use of this IntelliJ IDEA . Migrating to other computers is also very convenient.

Can the eclipse be? How to do ?
Re: How to import eclipse original configuration after reinstalling Windows system [message #1797431 is a reply to message #1797012] Tue, 30 October 2018 19:18 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
This question is not specific to JDT, but a general issue of installation.
Maybe a question in the Oomph forum (Oomph is the installer) has better chances to be answered.

Mentioning Oomph, nowadays your time may be better invested in creating your own Oomph setup. Once you have that, you'll never again have to worry about maintaining a dated installation or a dated workspace. Automatically installing and configuring everything from scratch will be much easier than even to just ask a question in the forum :) Imagine that: some three clicks to your fully prepared working environment, how is that?
Previous Topic:Clean Project Before Running It
Next Topic: Installing JDT onto CDT Eclipse(Error when setting up JDT onto CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:26:07 GMT 2024