Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Xcore/Maven] Xcore code generation with maven(Multi-module setup with inter-project dependencies causes issues)
[Xcore/Maven] Xcore code generation with maven [message #1796311] Wed, 10 October 2018 09:45 Go to next message
Jan Jansen is currently offline Jan JansenFriend
Hi all,

I've inherited a project with the following, simplified, setup:

- Multiple projects that require code to be generated from xcore files. These
projects are modules in a larger maven project.
- The generated code is necessary at compile time.
- Several projects that have dependencies on projects earlier in the build order.

To keep it simple, say I have projects A and B. B has a dependency on A, as defined in B's manifest.mf file. During the maven phase generate-sources project B throws the error that the dependency on the artifact of project A (jar file)
could not be found. This makes sense, since in the generate-sources phase the code hasn't been compiled and installed yet, but I don't believe this should be necessary to generate the sources from the .xcore files.

The full error:
Could not resolve dependencies for project com.company.project:com.company.projectB:eclipse-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.company.project:com.company.projectA:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Any help would be appreciated!
Re: [Xcore/Maven] Xcore code generation with maven [message #1796436 is a reply to message #1796311] Fri, 12 October 2018 22:57 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, I don't know how folks generate with Maven. It seems easier to check-in the code. Xcore does resolve against what's visible on the classpath, so it does seem that A needs to compiled.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Extended Ecore Model Issues
Next Topic:How to generate code with specific EMap implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:54:48 GMT 2024