Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » m2e-apt plugin no longer needed in eclipse 4.9(annotation processing in eclipse)
m2e-apt plugin no longer needed in eclipse 4.9 [message #1795886] Tue, 02 October 2018 00:36 Go to next message
alan sparago is currently offline alan sparagoFriend
I use annotation processing and in previous version of eclipse i needed to install the m2e-apt plugin and then configure eclipse to automatically configure annotation professing. but in the latest version (4.9) it appears I no longer need to install the plugin. Does eclipse 4.9 handle annotation processing without having to install the m2e-apt plugin? It seems the default now is 'Automatically configure JDT APT', and it picks up the necessary jar for processing based on the pom.xml file.
Re: m2e-apt plugin no longer needed in eclipse 4.9 [message #1795967 is a reply to message #1795886] Wed, 03 October 2018 11:17 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I'm afraid that I know nothing about m2e-apt, but I have observed that instability in the modularization of javax.annotation in recent/future Java releases is causing difficulties. It may be that Eclipse adjustments / a changed Java version may affect what you observe.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Eclipse Java Compiler Errors/Warnings
Next Topic:Eclipse: Java was started but returned error code=13 [duplicate]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:02:21 GMT 2024