Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Change value of module parameters during tests execution.
Change value of module parameters during tests execution. [message #1795857] Mon, 01 October 2018 12:27 Go to next message
Julien Deltour is currently offline Julien DeltourFriend
Hello,

I'm working of the ITS CAM testsuites.

These tests are composed of about 50 testcases.

I would like to write a .cfg file to execute all these testcases in just one "action".

But some of the testcases need to adapt some module parameters.

For example, for the test named TC_CAM_MSD_FMT_BV_04, the module parameter PICS_PUBLICTRANS need to be set to true. But this module parameter need to be set to false in other testcase.

So my question is, is there a way to do this in .cfg file (maybe in the EXECUTE part), or did I have to make a .cfg file for each group of testcase needig the same module parameters, and then I will have to start many test session ?

Julien
Re: Change value of module parameters during tests execution. [message #1795898 is a reply to message #1795857] Tue, 02 October 2018 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi Julien,

Unfortunately You have to start a new session for each group of testcases needing the same module parameters.

The reason behind this is that according to the TTCN-3 standard the module parameters must be treated as constants in a module (they are the parameters of modules, not of individual test cases).

Also, as some background information: the conformance test suite was not written originally to be fully automatized, some test cases need parameter adjustment also on the OBU/RSU, which must be done manually before running each test/test batch. So when You change a module parameter You must consider if some settings may need adjustment on the OBU/RSU too.

Lenard

Re: Change value of module parameters during tests execution. [message #1795901 is a reply to message #1795898] Tue, 02 October 2018 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Lenard.

Re: Change value of module parameters during tests execution. [message #1795914 is a reply to message #1795901] Tue, 02 October 2018 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Julien,

Just a question: what is the code base You are using? Is it from the ETSI repositories or from github?

Thanks,
Lenard
Re: Change value of module parameters during tests execution. [message #1795937 is a reply to message #1795914] Tue, 02 October 2018 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get the ITS testsuite from the etsi forge (https://forge.etsi.org/gitlab/ITS/ITS.git).

Julien
Re: Change value of module parameters during tests execution. [message #1795969 is a reply to message #1795937] Wed, 03 October 2018 11:30 Go to previous message
Hi Julien,

There's an already Titan-adapted test suit You might want to check, at least for ideas:
https://github.com/elnrnag/ITSG5_TS_Titanized_TA

It is an older code from ~3 years back, but it is ready to run.

Also, I have made some efforts to adapt the post-Livorno (STF525) code, but that is not available publicly yet (because of the updated and not freely compilable ASN.1 files).

Lenard
Previous Topic:[Titan test results view] : empty reason
Next Topic:Support of types with parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:13:04 GMT 2024