Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Create fully-featured IJavaCompletionProposal from IMethod
Create fully-featured IJavaCompletionProposal from IMethod [message #1795422] Fri, 21 September 2018 15:32
Vacuum Cleaner is currently offline Vacuum CleanerFriend
Hi JDT,

I'm replacing some old/odd code that created it's own Completion Engine to collect jdt.core.CompletionProposals (see IntelligentCompletionContext#initializeCompletionEngine for more details.) These proposals then are filtered based on how likely it is that a developer would use that proposal.

Now, I would like to get rid of that "trigger code completion, collect and filter, and create IJavaCompletionProposals from CompletionProposal" approach and directly create the proposals myself - and best with exactly the same behavior as standard JDT proposals (variable names, cycling through parameters, proposals for best matching variables etc.)

Is there an easy way to create such proposals from outside JDT, given that I have a handle on IMethod, IField or IType elements?

Thanks,
Sunshine
Previous Topic:Cannot launch junit plugin test in oxygen because of java 9 support
Next Topic:Hover harassment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 16:43:51 GMT 2024