Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » dragging is slow under e(fx)clipse
dragging is slow under e(fx)clipse [message #1795262] Wed, 19 September 2018 11:35 Go to next message
Shenwei Zheng is currently offline Shenwei ZhengFriend
Hello,

I have the same program which can drag selected visual elements (JavaFX based). I launched the program under two conditions: JavaFX application and Eclipse application. My observation turned out that dragging is slower in eclipse application than in JavaFX application (not so fluent ).
My questions: how are visuals rendered under eclipse application? Is it able to adjust the rendering frequency? Thank you.

Best Regards
Shenwei Zheng
Re: dragging is slow under e(fx)clipse [message #1797649 is a reply to message #1795262] Sat, 03 November 2018 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Please qualify Eclipse - do embed it into SWT?!
Re: dragging is slow under e(fx)clipse [message #1797802 is a reply to message #1797649] Tue, 06 November 2018 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shenwei Zheng is currently offline Shenwei ZhengFriend
Hi Thomas,

yes, it is embedded in SWT.
Additional I have prepared a sample project in attachment. The application can be started either with SampleApplication.java or can be launched with e4.performance.sample.product.
With the key control and mouse dragging, the complete view can be dragged. And I noticed dragging view under E4 application is slower and not fluent. Besides, I tested dargging with a Hi-DPI monitor and the dragging is slower.
Please have a try with my sample application. I am not sure if my conclusion is correct or you might have an explaination, thank you.

Bests
Shenwei Zheng

[Updated on: Tue, 06 November 2018 14:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: dragging is slow under e(fx)clipse [message #1797819 is a reply to message #1797802] Tue, 06 November 2018 23:52 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Well if you integrate fx into swt the slow down is more or less expected - you off load from the GPU to main memory, produce an image and paint that (uploading the very same pixels) to the GPU
Previous Topic:MVN OSGI-Launcher cannot start
Next Topic:how to enable the ciphers suite which disabled by jetty9.4.12 (default setting)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:01:04 GMT 2024