Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » AuT crash with "Connection is not Available" at "Accept License" dialog(AuT execution terminates with "Connection is not Available" from org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.ecl.model.impl.GetAdvancedInfoImpl)
AuT crash with "Connection is not Available" at "Accept License" dialog [message #1794903] Mon, 10 September 2018 16:09
Daniel FitzGerald is currently offline Daniel FitzGeraldFriend
I am investigating how I can use RCPTT to automate FVT of my team's RCP application. When our application is launched for the first time, a dialog box appears asking the user if they wish to accept our license agreement. When I try running a fresh install of our application as an AuT, the "Accept License" dialog box appears and AuT execution in RCPTT promptly crashes. This occurs when the test case is empty and I wish to record one, and also occurs when I actually have a test case (in other words, I don't think its my test case). If I open my RCP manually and accepting the license agreement, RCPTT doesn't crash the AuT on subsequent runs.

After the crash, the RCPTT's "Execution View" reports the testcase with one failure. This failure contains the following message:

Failed to execute command org.eclipse.rcptt.tesla.ecl.model.impl.GetAdvancedInfoImpl@48f77578 (host: null)
  Connection is not Available
    Connection is not Available

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Connection is not Available
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch.computeInNewSession(BaseAutLaunch.java:287)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch.unsafeExecute(BaseAutLaunch.java:305)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch.execute(BaseAutLaunch.java:210)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch.execute(BaseAutLaunch.java:181)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch.execute(BaseAutLaunch.java:176)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.ecl.ExecAdvancedInfoUtil.askForAdvancedInfo(ExecAdvancedInfoUtil.java:29)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.ecl.EclContextExecutable.doExecute(EclContextExecutable.java:91)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.DataExecutable.execute(DataExecutable.java:98)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.Executable.executeAndRememberResult(Executable.java:127)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.Executable.executeAndRememberResult(Executable.java:138)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.Q7LaunchManager$SessionRunnable.run(Q7LaunchManager.java:147)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.Q7LaunchManager$ExecThread$1.run(Q7LaunchManager.java:723)
  	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:785)
  Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Connection is not Available
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch.lambda$0(BaseAutLaunch.java:310)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch$$Lambda$503.000000001A70DBC0.get(Unknown Source)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.internal.launching.aut.BaseAutLaunch$1.run(BaseAutLaunch.java:264)
  Caused by: java.io.EOFException
  	at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:278)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.internal.core.EMFStreamPipe.take(EMFStreamPipe.java:91)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.writeOutput(EclTcpSession.java:203)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.access$6(EclTcpSession.java:200)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession$1.run(EclTcpSession.java:100)
  Contains: Connection is not Available
  java.io.EOFException
  	at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:278)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.internal.core.EMFStreamPipe.take(EMFStreamPipe.java:91)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.writeOutput(EclTcpSession.java:203)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession.access$6(EclTcpSession.java:200)
  	at org.eclipse.rcptt.ecl.client.tcp.EclTcpSession$1.run(EclTcpSession.java:100)

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2018 16:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Some pop ups dialog are recorded but still can't be replayed by rcptt
Next Topic:How to write higher-order proc?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:27:48 GMT 2024