Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Oxygen projects nixed by Photon -- Why? How to fix?(New computer and new installation of Eclipse Oxygen. Old projects are rejected.)
Oxygen projects nixed by Photon -- Why? How to fix? [message #1794872] Mon, 10 September 2018 02:54
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
When I installed Eclipse Photon on my new Mac I didn't anticipate any problems. I copied the latest versions of programs that work compiling and working about as expected, and when they were viewed in Photon they all were marked with big red exclamation points. I therefore checked to see whether I had introduced any corruptions. Apparently not. Same code was ok yesterday, but today it's all impossible to compile.

I decided it was probably because the folder that a project is contained in ends up having all sorts of invisible files. Perhaps Photon doesn't like the way the Oxygen invisible files are written. So I made a new folder using Photon, and then I copied just the projects from the old computer. Doing so made it possible to get things working again. Or maybe I copied the entire folder from the old computer to the new computer and succeeded with that. Somehow I muddled through by trial and error.

Today I decided that I had enough progress that I should protect the old work space so that future mistakes could not lose me all my work. So I did what I have done many times using Oxygen. I made a new folder in the same sub-directory as the first folder, and then I copied the best results from the first folder into the second folder.

But now they all were marked as failing to comply with requirements. I could not find any lines of code in any of the failing projects that were marked as being in error. In all of them, there was a red x on line one that has the notation:
"The type javax.accessibility.Accessible cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files."

Eclipse didn't need them or didn't fail to find them in folder one, so why should it fail to find them in folder two?

I tried duplicating folder one, and renaming it. That has succeeded, so I guess the operational definition of success is: Copy entire workspaces that are successful, and delete the older versions of programs in development and anything else you don't want.

That is some kind of a work-around, but it seems both clumsy and arcane.

What is really going on, and how should I be doing this?

Previous Topic:installation freezes at "Do you trust these certificates?"
Next Topic:Eclipse won't start after Java 10.2 upload.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 20 18:40:53 GMT 2018