Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse rcp migration from eclipse 3.7 to eclipse 5
Eclipse rcp migration from eclipse 3.7 to eclipse 5 [message #1794818] Fri, 07 September 2018 06:24 Go to next message
Basheeruddin Mohammed is currently offline Basheeruddin MohammedFriend
I am trying to migrate eclipse RCP application ( Eclipse 3.7 to Eclipse 4.8). I copied all the latest required plugins from Eclipse 4.8 and updated our RCP plugins.

Could someone help me in understanding what all needs to be modified apart from updating the required plugins to latest version ( in my case , to Eclipse photon 4.8)

I am facing an error when i try to launch the application by using the existing config.ini file with the latest set of plugins in my plugins folder

PS : i am able to launch the application from the Eclipse Via Run configuration

I am getting an error when i try to launch the rcp application using the exisiting *.exe and config.ini files Error is displayed as "Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini)."

In Config.ini , the osgi.bundles value is specified as osgi.bundles=org.eclipse.core.runtime@start,\ org.eclipse.equinox.common@start,\ org.eclipse.update.configurator,\ org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86

Below is the detailed error log , javax.inject and org.eclipse.core.jobs relevant version jars are available in the plugin folder but still i am getting this error , any clue what could be the cause?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2018-09-07 11:26:32.798
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.core.runtime [1]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: javax.inject; bundle-version="1.0.0"; visibility:="reexport"; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.jobs; bundle-version="[3.2.0,4.0.0)"; visibility:="reexport"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1682)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1662)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1624)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1555)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-09-07 11:26:32.807
!MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.14.0.v20180417-0825.jar was not resolved.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86 2 0 2018-09-07 11:26:32.811
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86 [4]
  Unresolved requirement: Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher; bundle-version="[1.0.0,1.6.0)"
  Unresolved requirement: Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.equinox.launcher; bundle-version="[1.0.0,1.6.0)"

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 0 2018-09-07 11:26:32.812
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.core.runtime [1]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: javax.inject; bundle-version="1.0.0"; visibility:="reexport"; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.jobs; bundle-version="[3.2.0,4.0.0)"; visibility:="reexport"

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-09-07 11:26:32.815
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:656)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:592)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1498)

Re: Eclipse rcp migration from eclipse 3.7 to eclipse 5 [message #1794894 is a reply to message #1794818] Mon, 10 September 2018 13:11 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

This is a bit more in-depth than usual for the Newcomers forum. Perhaps the RCP forum would be a better idea? https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/106/

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse won't start after Java 10.2 upload.
Next Topic:Error while launching eclipse, can't launche eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:34:20 GMT 2024