Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse hangs for 10 to 20 seconds on storing, browsing old projects
Eclipse hangs for 10 to 20 seconds on storing, browsing old projects [message #1794633] Tue, 04 September 2018 08:57 Go to next message
Florian Mising name is currently offline Florian Mising nameFriend
Hi,
I'am using Photon Release (4.8.0) in a workspace with serveral "old projects" (projects created in former Eclipse versions). Meanwhile new created projects are working smoothly it is impossible to wok on old projects, during nearly every action, like storing, opening, or working in the project tree, Eclipse hangs for 10 to 20 seconds, without any information.
I already closed and "deleted" the projects and reimported it, I cleaned up the projects, disabled "Build automatically", nothing has helped.
I am using eclipse with java version "1.8.0_31" on a MacOS High Sierra. The projects are java servlet web projects using vaadin and ivy.

I hope someone can help me, because currently you can´t work on these projects.
Florian
Re: Eclipse hangs for 10 to 20 seconds on storing, browsing old projects [message #1794639 is a reply to message #1794633] Tue, 04 September 2018 11:06 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't know the solution to the problem, but working for a customer with a huge workspace full of many Java projects I also saw many long UI freezes. You could try to enable General -> Error Reporting because this this captures stack traces during freezes, which might give you a clue (or to report a problem). Or you could use jvisualvm (it's part of the Java SDK) to see what all the threads are doing. In my case, the workspace had a huge number of warnings and I could see that updating the decorations for warnings was causing the freezes, so I deleted all the warning from the problems view (I only actually work on a few of the projects) eliminated this cost.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:In Jboss Tools of Openshift, Can we host Android Application?
Next Topic:Save button and save all don't function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:14:00 GMT 2024