Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Having issue with eclipse install
Having issue with eclipse install [message #1794240] Mon, 27 August 2018 23:02 Go to next message
Scott Patterson is currently offline Scott PattersonFriend
Hello all, sorry for the newb problem. I've downloaded the: eclipse-java-photon-R-win32-x86_64.zip, I extracted the files, which then proceeds to list the file contents, I run the executable file but then it says:

"This application may depend on other compressed files in this folder. "For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files." And lists buttons to Extract All, Run, and Cancel.

So I've already extracted the files yet it keeps telling me I need to extract the files. If I click on "Extract All" again it brings up a window saying:

"This destination has 1418 files with the same names." And gives the options to Replace files, Skip files, or Let the user decided for each file.

If I click on Run, I get an error message: "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate it's companion shared library."

I've tried re-installing but still the same issue. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks for any help

Re: Having issue with eclipse install [message #1794244 is a reply to message #1794240] Tue, 28 August 2018 00:33 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Don't use Windows Explorer to extract from zip files. The directory
structures must be retained. A stand-alone tool like WinRAR will do
a better job.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Error: Could not find or load main class
Next Topic:Linking viewer selection with current editor constantly running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:49:19 GMT 2024