Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » Gendoc vs. "Gendoc Papyrus"?
Gendoc vs. "Gendoc Papyrus"? [message #1794226] Mon, 27 August 2018 17:45 Go to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Looking at the content of the Gendoc update site, and also from repository explorer, there seems to be variants of Gendoc:

• "GenDoc": a.k.a. "org.eclipse.gendoc.papyrus.feature.feature.group"
  • "Papyrus Bundle for GenDoc" a.k.a. org.eclipse.gendoc.papyrus.feature_0.7.1.201806211325"
  • ""Sirius - Capella bundle for Gendoc"

If I want to have the complete package for Papyrus, is is sufficient add a depdendency on the "Papyrus Bundle for GenDoc"? Or do I need dependencies on both GenDoc and Papyrus Bundle for GenDoc?

/Charles Rivet
Re: Gendoc vs. "Gendoc Papyrus"? [message #1794254 is a reply to message #1794226] Tue, 28 August 2018 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
not sure so I would recommend you using :
- org.eclipse.gendoc.papyrus.feature.feature.group
- org.eclipse.gendoc.papyrus.feature_0.7.1.201806211325

Re: Gendoc vs. "Gendoc Papyrus"? [message #1794283 is a reply to message #1794254] Tue, 28 August 2018 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you Tristan! I will try that.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Gendoc vs. "Gendoc Papyrus"? [message #1794932 is a reply to message #1794283] Tue, 11 September 2018 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi Charles,

The update site provides three feature groups:
- Gendoc (org.eclipse.gendoc.feature.feature.group): This is the base Gendoc, which understand plain GMF / EMF / UML models.
- Papyrus bundle for Gendoc (org.eclipse.gendoc.papyrus.feature.feature.group): This allows Gendoc to undestand Papyrus models.
- Sirius - Capella bundle for Gendoc (org.eclipse.gendoc.sirius.feature.feature.group): This allows Gendoc to undestand Sirius / capella models.

Now, in p2 repositories (update sites / files) there are features, plugins and feature groups. Feature groups are kind of a containers for a feature that includes the feature, its included features and plugins). When you install a feature group, the feature, its included features and plugins are installed, and it also try to install all the required dependencies (features, plugins and features groups).

So, if you install Papyrus bundle for Gendoc feature group, it will install also Gendoc feature group (as it depends on it)

Regards,
Antonio

Re: Gendoc vs. "Gendoc Papyrus"? [message #1794946 is a reply to message #1794932] Tue, 11 September 2018 13:34 Go to previous message

Thank you, Antonio for your explanation provides a good description of what is happening!

I ended up doing something similar after a few experiments following Tristan's pointers, but, given your description, I think I need to revisit that to ensure I do not have unneeded or superfluous dependencies.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:is it possible to change the orientation of the page dynamically in word using gendoc
Next Topic:Gendoc pop up menu in photon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:49:58 GMT 2024