Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » How to use ROS(How to use ROS)
How to use ROS [message #1794184] Mon, 27 August 2018 03:15 Go to next message
Xu Chen is currently offline Xu ChenFriend
Something confuses me when I try to follow below document to use ROS.
http://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php
As describes in this page, there should be ROS ACTION and ROS Services FB(Function Block)s.
1. The FB picture is unavailable , I can't see it.
2. If I can define it myself, how can I define the FB, Basic? I check the source code, the ACTION and SERVICE is inherit from CEventSourceFB not CBasicFB.
what's the difference of fbt file between CEventSourceFB and CBasicFB?
Re: How to use ROS [message #1794202 is a reply to message #1794184] Mon, 27 August 2018 12:44 Go to previous message
Ben Schneider is currently offline Ben SchneiderFriend
Hi Xu,

1. thanks for letting me know. I will fix this ASAP. In the meantime you can find the pictures in the attachments.

2. Defining your own FBs in 4diac is described in the help under "Step by Step Tutorials / Step 4 - Create your own FBs". The existing ROS ACTION and SERVICE FBs can be used as a template for implementing your own customized FBs.
The difference between CBasicFB and CEventSourceFB is the following:
- CBasicFB is related to the Basic function block which is implemented according to ECCs (Execution Control Charts).
- CEventSourceFB is related to Service Interface Function Blocks (SIFB) which are interacting with the environment (e.g., hardware access (IOs), network access (pub/sub, client/server), ...) and are described by Service Sequence Diagrams instead of ECCs. The ROS FBs are network communication FBs and therefore SIFBs.

Cheers,
Ben
Previous Topic:OPCUA_Var Function Block
Next Topic:Forte not in 4Diac IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:12:52 GMT 2024