Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » HelloWorld example doesn't run ( Error occurred during initialization of boot layer )
HelloWorld example doesn't run ( Error occurred during initialization of boot layer ) [message #1794063] Thu, 23 August 2018 07:48 Go to next message
Ray Cry is currently offline Ray CryFriend
Hello,

I followed the steps to create the HelloWorld example and it doesn't run with the following error:

"Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
java.lang.module.FindException: Error reading module: F:\Develop\eclipse\HelloWorld\bin
Caused by: java.lang.module.InvalidModuleDescriptorException: HelloWorld.class found in top-level directory (unnamed package not allowed in module)"

I could work around that by not simply adding a new class, instead adding a new package first with specific name first and then add a new class to it.

But how could I fix it in another way? I don't see any options with right click on the package how to (re)name the "(default package)" that is created when you follow the introduction steps for HelloWorld provided by Eclipse.

Thanx in advance and greetings..
Re: HelloWorld example doesn't run ( Error occurred during initialization of boot layer ) [message #1817624 is a reply to message #1794063] Tue, 26 November 2019 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain Nadeau is currently offline Sylvain NadeauFriend
This seems to be related to:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55735400/how-to-fix-java-lang-module-findexception-module-java-se-ee-not-found-error-w
Re: HelloWorld example doesn't run ( Error occurred during initialization of boot layer ) [message #1818138 is a reply to message #1817624] Sat, 07 December 2019 09:04 Go to previous message
Corey Bother is currently offline Corey BotherFriend
Sylvain Nadeau wrote on Tue, 26 November 2019 21:26
This seems to be related to this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55735400/how-to-fix-java-lang-module-findexception-module-java-se-ee-not-found-error-w

Thank you for the link. I have the same problems.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 December 2019 20:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[SOLVED] JVM terminated. Exit code=1
Next Topic:Multiple model generation with atl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:43:12 GMT 2024