Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to deploy Eclipse plugin to a cross-platform jar file?
How to deploy Eclipse plugin to a cross-platform jar file? [message #1793915] Mon, 20 August 2018 11:46 Go to next message
ipkpjersi none is currently offline ipkpjersi noneFriend
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right section. If this is not the right section, can a mod please move this thread to the right section?

I am an open-source developer and I have a question. I have an Eclipse plugin that I built using "Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers" and right now, I export it to a jar using the "Deployable plug-ins and fragments" export wizard. However, unfortunately, I have to export it to 3 different jars - one for each operating system (Windows, Linux, and Mac) because I can only have one target platform.

Does anyone know any way I can easily export it as one jar file so that it supports cross-platform usage and I only need one jar file that works on Windows, Linux, and Mac?

Thanks
Re: How to deploy Eclipse plugin to a cross-platform jar file? [message #1793958 is a reply to message #1793915] Tue, 21 August 2018 07:56 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What about your plug-in is not cross platform? Is there an explicit need for it to vary based on the target platform?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 21 August 2018 07:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PUBLIC MQTT BROKER WITH SSL/TLS
Next Topic:Where are the server options on Eclipse Photon?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:29:32 GMT 2024