Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Cannot create a php-synchronized project(Cannot create a php-synchronized project)
Cannot create a php-synchronized project [message #1793877] Fri, 17 August 2018 18:39 Go to next message
Kyle Hoyt is currently offline Kyle HoytFriend
I'm trying to move away from Dreamweaver and use Eclipse to manage my php project. When I create the project I get the error: Could not write file: C:\Users\bk\eclipse-workspace\ftc\.ptp-sync\info\exclude.

I am using a clean install of Eclipse Photon. I get a similar error when trying to use Eclipse Photon on Fedora via a virtual machine. .ptp-sync is created on the remote machine and the local machine but they don't match. The exclude file is owned by me and writable.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.ui 4 4 2018-08-17 14:10:01.730
!MESSAGE Error
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteSyncException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not write file: C:\Users\bk\eclipse-workspace\ftc\.ptp-sync\info\exclude.
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.uploadFilter(GitRepo.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.doSync(GitSyncService.java:631)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.synchronize(GitSyncService.java:540)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.SyncManager$SynchronizeJob.run(SyncManager.java:80)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:60)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not write file: C:\Users\bk\eclipse-workspace\ftc\.ptp-sync\info\exclude.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:45)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.transferStreams(FileStore.java:75)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.copyFile(FileStore.java:199)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.copy(FileStore.java:128)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.copy(LocalFile.java:124)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.uploadFilter(GitRepo.java:205)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No such file
at org.eclipse.remote.internal.jsch.core.commands.GetOutputStreamCommand$1.close(GetOutputStreamCommand.java:67)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.transferStreams(FileStore.java:69)
... 8 more
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.git.core 4 0 2018-08-17 14:10:01.731
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not write file: C:\Users\bk\eclipse-workspace\ftc\.ptp-sync\info\exclude.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not write file: C:\Users\bk\eclipse-workspace\ftc\.ptp-sync\info\exclude.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:45)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.transferStreams(FileStore.java:75)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.copy(LocalFile.java:124)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.uploadFilter(GitRepo.java:205)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.doSync(GitSyncService.java:631)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.synchronize(GitSyncService.java:540)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.SyncManager$SynchronizeJob.run(SyncManager.java:80)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No such file
at org.eclipse.remote.internal.jsch.core.commands.GetOutputStreamCommand$1.close(GetOutputStreamCommand.java:67)
at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.provider.FileStore.transferStreams(FileStore.java:69)
... 8 more
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.filesystem 4 272 2018-08-17 14:10:01.731
!MESSAGE Could not write file: C:\Users\bk\eclipse-workspace\ftc\.ptp-sync\info\exclude.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: No such file
Re: Cannot create a php-synchronized project [message #1800558 is a reply to message #1793877] Wed, 02 January 2019 12:36 Go to previous message
Jack Calder is currently offline Jack CalderFriend
This is mainly a problem when a project is created in the nested sub-folder of the workspace. If the project is in the direct sub folder of the workspace folder, then just create a new project, use the name of the folder as the project name and everything will behave as you want. Otherwise, I have used these two solutions without any issue so far, but I think it may depend on what type of project you make (I mainly use Pidew, CDT and DLTK Do):

1) Create a link for the project outside the workspace directory and import that link. Eclipse does not complain and you can reduce the 'outside' resources for some symbolic links.

2) Create a new stub project, copy all relevant project files (such as .buildpath, .project, ...) to the actual project folder. Then remove this stub project and import another project, which now works. Note that import is not new> create from existing, it is actually a different import option.

Previous Topic:Timeout problem
Next Topic:Generate Constructor ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:52:45 GMT 2024