Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse to update module-info.java(Eclipse helps to maintain the list of imports in a java file. I would like to see it maintaining module-info.java as well.)
Eclipse to update module-info.java [message #1793665] Mon, 13 August 2018 14:39 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
When I am doing a Java project based on m2e, the pom.xml hosts all dependencies to jar files.
In general (I do not know of an exception) these jar files are representing modules in the sense of Java>9. When using a class from e.g. org.apache.commons.io, say FilenameUtil, I do not get the offer to complete the list of imports as with Java<9, because the line requires org.apache.commens.io; is missing in module-info.java.

I have to add that line manually.

I would like to get assisted by Eclipse Java editor in extending module-info.java. Wouldn't that be possible?

I am using Proton 20180619-1200 with m2e 1.9.0.20180606-2036,
Re: Eclipse to update module-info.java [message #1796472 is a reply to message #1793665] Sun, 14 October 2018 10:40 Go to previous message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
The relationship of modules, module-info.java, m2e and Eclipse Autocompletion seems to be more complex than I thought. I hope these relationships will be understood a bit better in the future - by me and/or by Eclipse architects.
Previous Topic:Is it possible to change standard Java Editor with a plug-in
Next Topic:XML Schema editor sees "form" as a failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:52:58 GMT 2024