Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » RCPTT Project separate from pom.xml
RCPTT Project separate from pom.xml [message #1793454] Wed, 08 August 2018 15:18 Go to next message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Hi,
After figuring out how to run RCPTT from maven with multiple AUTs (the trick is to have a parent pom, then multiple child poms, one for each AUT), I'm now trying to streamline my process.

Since I have one set of tests I want to run across multiple AUTs (to make sure my plugin runs correctly on multiple versions of Eclipse), I'd like to keep one copy of the test project, and reference it from each pom for the different environments. I've read all the documentation and searched around, and I can't find anything to explain if there's an option I can put in my XML to say 'use the test project from over there' - it seems that the pom has to be in the same folder as the test project.

Is it possible to reference a test project from 'somewhere else'?

Cheers,
Kev.
Re: RCPTT Project separate from pom.xml [message #1793503 is a reply to message #1793454] Thu, 09 August 2018 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Niklaus Giger is currently offline Niklaus GigerFriend
Hi,

In my (single-)AUT tests I have the following snippet in my pom.xml to reference another child of my master pom.

Quote:
<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.rcptt</groupId>
<artifactId>rcptt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${rcptt-maven-version}</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>

<!-- This element describes where to get an AUT to run tests -->
<aut>
<!-- Use AUT from current build results. [classifier] will be
automatically replaced according to the current platform -->
<explicit>${project.basedir}/../ch.elexis.core.p2site/target/products/ch.elexis.core.application.ElexisApp-[classifier].zip</explicit>
<...>

Cheers
Niklaus
Re: RCPTT Project separate from pom.xml [message #1793579 is a reply to message #1793503] Fri, 10 August 2018 13:13 Go to previous message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
That's a reference to where to get the AUT environment from, not the test project. I'd like to specify a parameter to tell it where the .project (and accompanying contexts, test cases, test suites etc.) live, outside of the directory where the POM sits (and by extension, where I'm executing from)
Previous Topic: How to run test suite/test case many times
Next Topic:Button Click not working on Replay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:15:04 GMT 2024