Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Column width gets ignored when exporting to .xlsx(Different column width of 2 columns get ignored when exporting to .xlsx)
Column width gets ignored when exporting to .xlsx [message #1793442] Wed, 08 August 2018 11:32 Go to next message
Alena Bischoff is currently offline Alena BischoffFriend
Hello!

First time writing in this Forum! I am pretty new to using Birt and Eclipse, so please bear with me. For my current Report I just can't find an solution, I hope you can help me.

My current Report Looks like this:
1st Table: 2 columns, Table is from the pallet
2nd Table: 9 columns, Table is generated from the DataSet

The 1st columns of the 2 tables have the same fixed widht (4cm, over Properties).
For the 2nd column of Table_1 I have an "auto" column, it should be as big as the Report is (blank width in Properites).
All the other columns of Table_2 have fixed widths (set over Properties).

Everything Looks fine in my Birt view.
But when I export it to .xlsx (it is needed! new Standart of our company) , the 2nd column of Table_1 mimics the width of the 2nd column of Table_2. So it does not expand to the end of the Report/end of the Table_2 like I want it to.
I tried Setting a fixed value for the 2nd column of Table_1 as well, but it gets "overwritten" from the 2nd table once exported.

How can I fix this behaviour?

I attached an Picture with the look of the exported Report. The Column of "HeaderTopic" should be as wide as the whole 2nd Table.

I hope someone can help me with this Problem ASAP!
Thanks for your help!
Alena
Re: Column width gets ignored when exporting to .xlsx [message #1798092 is a reply to message #1793442] Mon, 12 November 2018 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arkady Paravozov is currently offline Arkady ParavozovFriend
Hello !
Did you manage to solve the problem?
Re: Column width gets ignored when exporting to .xlsx [message #1798533 is a reply to message #1798092] Tue, 20 November 2018 08:59 Go to previous message
Alena Bischoff is currently offline Alena BischoffFriend
Hello!

Actually, I guess there isn't really an solution to this Problem, it seems like you can't fix the behaviour of Exporting the file to .xlsx.
My Workaround works like that:

Everytime you use more than one table:
EVERY Table MUST have as much columns as the biggest table has (Ex.: Tabel_1 has 6 columns, Tabele_2 has 3. Table_2 gets 3 more columns at the right side.
I always leave the extra columns blank and just at the end of the right side. For a nice layout I give them the same width as the columns of the biggest table so they wont Interrupt each other.

It's the only solution I could figure out so far. It works for us and doesnt take too Long to set up.

Hope that helps you!

Previous Topic:Script to set row height depending on dataset value
Next Topic:Access Dataset Result in Script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:29:20 GMT 2024