Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » eGit in oxygen unable to find existing local repositories(eGit v4.9.2.201712150930-r in oxygen unable to find local repositories)
eGit in oxygen unable to find existing local repositories [message #1793200] Wed, 01 August 2018 12:57 Go to next message
andrew w is currently offline andrew wFriend
I recently started using eclipse oxygen and noticed only now that the built-in eGit version 4.9.2.201712150930-r cannot find any of my numerous existing local repositories.

When I click "Add an existing local Git repository". The dialogue "Add Git Repositories" opens to the correct default git repository folder already configured in git preferences. There I also have the "Look for nested repositories" ticked.
But it finds not a single existing local repository.

I never had that problem with any previous eclipse / eGit? versions.

I found a work around to get the local repository in by selecting "Create a new Git Repository and add it to this view" and by pointing the directory to an already existing local repository.
But that is not it supposed to work as it is strictly NOT creating a new repository!

Does anybody have the same problem and should be reported as a bug?
Or maybe there is something wrong with my eclipse/egit?
Re: eGit in oxygen unable to find existing local repositories [message #1794151 is a reply to message #1793200] Fri, 24 August 2018 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I cannot reproduce this issue using oxygen.2 with EGit 4.9.2 on Mac, for me this works properly.
Re: eGit in oxygen unable to find existing local repositories [message #1798180 is a reply to message #1794151] Tue, 13 November 2018 17:09 Go to previous message
andrew w is currently offline andrew wFriend
This is the behaviour I am having on Windows 7.1 and 8.1.
I noticed the best way now to find the local repos is change the system setting to show the hidden files and manually point the egit browser to the local repo ".git" directory.
This is annoying as requires unhiding the files and doing extra manual search for each of the local repository.
Previously even without the setting for "Look for nested repositories" when opened the browser to the parent directory of all local repos I had a list of all multiple (different) local repositories.
Previous Topic:EGit continually disallows me to switch away from branch
Next Topic:EGit compile: org.eclipse.jgit.repository missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:02:05 GMT 2024