Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse and JavaFX(How to add JavaFX)
Eclipse and JavaFX [message #1793184] Wed, 01 August 2018 08:42 Go to next message
Livio Rivolta is currently offline Livio RivoltaFriend
Hi, I am a new user of Eclipse Photon, now I just use Eclipse to try some example from a book about Java.

I have installed Java SDK 10 and Eclipse Photon 4.8.0 on a MAC bookPro.

Now in my book there is a chapter about JavaFx, but I can't run the examples on Eclipse.

If I open Eclipse - Preferences, on the left side of this windows there are: Java, Maven, Mylyn etc. but JavaFX is missing.

How can I add JavaFX?

Thank you

Livio

Re: Eclipse and JavaFX [message #1793225 is a reply to message #1793184] Wed, 01 August 2018 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
The response will be lengthy, so get it yourself: Just google for 'eclipse javafx'.
I got well over 2 million responses, and at least the first screenful contained relevant results.

--

-TV

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Eclipse and JavaFX [message #1793246 is a reply to message #1793225] Thu, 02 August 2018 06:57 Go to previous message
Livio Rivolta is currently offline Livio RivoltaFriend
I know google.
I follow the instructions on https://www.eclipse.org/efxclipse/install.html but nothing happened, the installation proceed as described without error, but nothing change.
I follow other link, one suggest me to download a package than I can't open on my Mac (error opening the downloaded file, download two times) .
I follow other link to download the plugin, but leads to inexistent page.
This is the reason of my request.
Livio

Latest news:
Solved: As I say I try many times to launch Eclipse and: Help - Install new software - select e(fx)clipse IDE I follow all the installation steps (without errors) and finally I close Eclipse, but when I reopen Eclipse nothing change.
The last time something go different and, with the same steps, the installation was succesfully, probably the poor internet connection was the problem, I don't know, but now I can choose an JavaFx project.
When I follow this steps the first time and nothing happened I think was the wrong way and decide to ask to the forum.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 August 2018 07:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:What Eclipse-Version and which package would you recommend for Python
Next Topic:no install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:58:33 GMT 2024